Meeting the Gang

"Heavy hearts, like heavy clouds in the sky, are best relieved by the letting of a little water. "
- Antoine Rivarol

***********************

"So if I had added worm-root the whole house would've exploded?" I ask my dad and Snape gives me a look.

"Yes Alexa. I know that look in your eyes. Don't you dare think of adding- ALEXA!!" Snape demands after I had added worm-root into the cauldron.

The bowl erupts and I giggle like I'm mad.

Snape seethes at me from across the room.

"You lied. The house didn't explode." I point at him and he looks up at the ceiling, praying. "What are you looking at?" I ask him, moving to stare beside him. "There's nothing there." I chuckle. It'd been around 5 days and I was getting used to living with Snape. I was also kinda throwing myself into studying so I wouldn't have to think about Sydney too much. Crying myself to sleep every night was starting to show on my face.

He wasn't the most touchy-feely type of guy but he cared and he showed it through his actions and not his words.

"You've learned enough Potions for today!" He declares, moving to clean up the mess I'd made with a wave of his wand.

Liliana flies over to land on my shoulder and I plant a kiss on her belly, petting her.

"You seem to know some things and others ...You become completely clueless." He gives me a look.

"Hey! I'm good in Potions! It's just like chemistry. Easy!" I grin, pointing to the cauldron.

"We're heading to headquarters earlier than planned. They think they should move Harry there sooner." I realized he was asking me instead of telling me and I purse my lips, thinking.

"Do you know someone by the name Dolores Umbridge?" I ask him, as Snape moves to grab my arm to apparate away.

"Yes. She works for Fudge." Snape says slowly.

"Well. Fudge is going to have her work at Hogwarts this year." I tell him, making him look at me grimly.

"Blithering idiot." Snape curses Fudge and sighs. "He thinks Albus is after his positions doesn't he?" He asks and I nod.

"Yup," I answer and he sighs.

"This year is going to be tiring isn't it?" He asks me.

"You can do it dad. Just picture her as a toad every time you see her. Worked for me!" I smile, and he smiles back slightly before separating us.

"You didn't answer my question about Harry, Lex." Snape notices and my heart softens at the nickname.

"Move it up." I muse, nodding. "Harry is already traumatized. Having no letters and no communication from his friends will not be helping his case at all. Not to mention that, that toad Dolores sends dementors after the poor boy, almost getting him expelled for underage magic." I answer him truthfully.