Lilly Potter's Essence

"What we have once enjoyed deeply we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us."
– Helen Keller

**********************

We arrive in a loft and I thankfully don't vomit this time.

"You need to change out of those dreaded clothes. You look like you're a serial killer." Snape points to my bloodied clothes and I wince.

"Yes well... train crashes do tend to do that to people," I say sadly, my mind wandering to Sydney.

Snape eyes my saddened state with an uncomfortable look on his face.

"Yes well..." He pauses and then apparates away.

"Oh. Damn." I grin. "Guess I scared him away." I muse, walking around Snape's house examining everything.

It was a lot less emo than I expected. There were a ton of plants here especially Lily flowers. The realization makes my heart clench in sorrow for the poor man. There were lilies everywhere in every room.

"Wow. He really truly loved her." I whisper, moving to the kitchen to see if there was any good food.

I found a couple of eggs, bread, some alcohol and lettuce. That's it. Nothing else.

"Is he a damn rabbit? Where's the chocolate for crying out loud." I grumble, getting out the eggs and deciding to make some scrambled egg sandwiches for myself and my new adoptive father.

He didn't have any oil or butter so I decided to boil them instead.

I wait for the eggs to prepare, strolling through the house just wandering. There were Snape's room and office which had a dark bronze theme to it and his office was huge, joining his room to it.

His office was scattered with lilies everywhere. "Guess he always buys some when he goes out."

There were two other guest rooms, in which I assumed one would be for me. I was definitely taking the bigger one. I'd never had a room before in my life. This was kinda nice.... having a home.

I make the sandwiches and put him a plate across from mine on the table. Snape appears an hour later, carrying multiple huge bags.

I eye him weirdly and he purses his lips before dropping all the bags in front of me. "They're yours." He states awkwardly and my heart softens slightly.

"Really? All this is mine?" I breathe in amazement and see his eyes soften slightly at my bafflement.

"Yes. Well. I bought you all the necessities as well as your books for Hogwarts next year. I already know what you'll need so we don't need to wait for the letter." He admits and I grin.

"THANK YOU!!" I beam, racing to engulf him in a hug. "Oh my gosh. Thank you! Thank you!!" I hug him tightly and he seemed stunned but pats the top of my head awkwardly.

"Of course." He nods and I grin, grabbing his arm and leading him to the kitchen. "I made us some boiled egg sandwiches!" I say proudly and he looked stunned.

"You made me food?" He asks and I nod excitedly.

"I couldn't make anything better. Because you only have alcohol, bread, lettuce and eggs. We should go grocery shopping tomorrow." I offer him and he nods slowly, staring at me weirdly.

I sit him down and put his plate in front of him.

I pour him some water and some for myself and place the alcohol bottle in front of him. We start eating the sandwiches slowly.

"This-This is really good. Thank you." He says after swallowing his first bite.

"You had spices I could work with." I laugh, drinking my glass of water. "Can I have some alcohol?" I ask him when he poured himself a glass, but he glares at me.

"Absolutely not!" He declares making me burst out laughing.

He tried to hide his amused smile too.... but I still saw it.

- Happiness is like fire, you need to feed it in order for it to grow