A Sister Lost

- Once more... I find myself all alone

 I find myself all alone

*******************

"I hate his parents!!" I scowl throwing myself to the side as spells come raining down on Cedric and me.  "There's something I never thought I'd say," I mutter.

"JUST RUN ALEXA!!" Cedric screams at me.

"COULD THEY BE ANY MORE STUPID!!!" I scream sliding left, as both Cedric and I ran back to the portkey.

"JUST SCREAM IT OUT MR. AND MRS. POTTER!! WHY BOTHER JUST POINTING, YOU IDIOTS!!!" I point at them in anger, as they rushed to distract Voldemort for their son.

"ACCIO!!" Harry screams at the cup he second he slams into us, wrapping us around in a hug.

I vomit the second we appear in the Hogwarts Courtyard.

"Hate this. Hate this. Hate this." I cry, tears blurring in my eyes as I tried to get air. The music and clapping were not helping my instability right at this moment.

Harry was just plain sobbing at this point. Cedric was still on the floor, just staring pointlessly at nothing.

"Are you dead? After I saved your fat arse please don't be dead. Just my luck he would've broken his god damn neck after that-"

"HE'S BACK!!!" Harry screams and the music ceases off.

"Yeah no shit sherlock," I grumble, grabbing my stomach in my pain.

"HE'S BACK. VOLDEMORT IS BACK!! HE TRIED TO KILL CEDRIC!!!"

"Yep just keep crying and screaming just like that." I nod and Cedric glares at me. "I COPE with sarcasm!!" I whine, eyes hardening, and his eyes soften slightly, as he sits up.

He opens his mouth to say something but he's cut off by his father and mother ramming into him, crying tears of relief.

"MY BOY!!!! THANK GOD!!"

"You're ALRIGHT!!" He wails and the hairs at the back of my neck stand on end as I watch the reunion, my mind replaying the scene in my head where he'd died.

My lips curl up into a slight smile but then it falls in a second at the sight I see.

Mad-Eye Moody had just grabbed Harry.

I had no idea what to do so I just scream... LOUDLY.

Everyone stares at me in silence and Mad-Eye Moody stops in his tracks at his shock. I race up and grab Harry, pulling him behind me. "HE'S A DEATH EATER!!!" I yell pointing at Moody.

"Moody is Barty Crouch Junior in DISGUISE!!! He's using Polyjuice potion!! He put Harry's name in the cup!!! HE KILLED HIS OWN DAD!!" I shout.

Mad-Eyed Moody stares at me in horror and I just smirk. "Lick your lips away you filthy, slimy lizard." I snarl.

Dumbledore himself steps up beside me, eyeing me curiously from the corner of his eye but he didn't have time to comment because Alastor Moody was trying to get away.

"Someone grab the lizard PLEASE!!" I point at the man in exasperation and sit down on the bench beside Lee Jordan, who was gaping at me along with everyone else in Hogwarts.

Dumbledore, Snape and McGonagall race after Barty Crouch, stunning him and tying him up. Harry races after them and I groan, head dropping to my hands.

"I like your dreadlocks," I say in a muffled tone to Lee who gapes at me even more.

"Oh... Wow. Um Thanks?" He asks and I nod, getting up and strolling towards the opening of the maze, staring at it silently.

I start to head back inside, but Cedric grabs my arm holding me back.

"Where are you going?" He asks and I shake his grip away.

"To get Sydney back," I state and he shakes his head.

"It's enchanted Alex. Only the champions and the professors can go in there."

"Well obviously it's screwed up cause I went in there and saved you!" I snap, making him sigh.

"You need to go to the Infirmary." He states and I glare at him.

"I need to get my sister back!" I snarl and stalk towards the maze, touching the entrance only for my hand to bounce right off the forcefield.

Stumbling back, I shake my head frantically. "My sister!! Ced my sister! Please! PLEASE!!" I plead him, racing to grab his arm.

"PLEASE!!" I scream and he looked pained.

"Only Dumbledore can bring the force field down little one." Someone says gently behind me and I whirl around to glare at Professor Flitwick.

"Okay. Okay. Lex, come on. Calm down. You're probably dead. It's okay." I start pacing, running a hand through my hair. "This is all a dream right?" I beg someone to tell me that I was just dreaming and that I hadn't really just been transported into the Harry Potter universe. Sydney was alive and well and my best friend hadn't died in a train crash.

"Oh, my g-gosh." I cry, tears running down my face as I just collapsed to the floor.

"Sydney." I sob loudly and just cry, screaming my heart out for the whole courtyard to see. I knew she was gone. I could feel it. Even if I looked for days and days in the empty maze... I knew she had been left in the train crash.

My screams silence the whole courtyard as they stare at me in pity. I guess I changed their stupid future for the better but mine for the worse.

I feel Cedric move to sit beside me and soon I feel someone pulling me in for a hug. Cedric's mom had engulfed my shaking form in a gentle embrace and I clutch her screaming for the only family that had left me too.

 Cedric's mom had engulfed my shaking form in a gentle embrace and I clutch her screaming for the only family that had left me too

"There is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
- Winnie the Pooh