Adoption Agency

"And we wept that one so lovely should have a life so brief."
– William Cullen Bryant

" – William Cullen Bryant

*********************

"How did you know that Alastor had been kidnapped."

Dumbledore and Snape were interrogating me heavily and I gaze at them through red-rimmed teary eyes.

Severus Snape looked exactly like how the books depicted him. He was a thin man with sallow skin, a large, and a hooked nose. He was dressed in flowing black robes which made him look incredibly cool in my opinion.

He had shoulder-length, black hair which framed his face in curtains.

"You two are seriously- seriously-" I hiccup through my tears. "-going to interrogate me now," I tell them and Albus nods seriously.

"You saved Cedric's life and Harry's as well. Barty had every intention on murdering the boy."

"I know that." I scoff, crossing my arms angrily.

"Yes we realize that, you daft girl but how?" Snape demands, black beady eyes glaring at me.

"Oh stop acting so tough. You changed your stupid Patronus for the woman you love. You long passed evil bastard in my books and became a mushy little stupid teddy-bear!" I snap, my non-existent filter not helping me in this scenario.

The two grown men gape at me.

"I'm a Seer," I grumble, lying through my teeth.

The lie slips intelligently and easily through my lips. They did not seem to be convinced.

"You don't go to Hogwarts. You bypassed the maze's borders. You went up against Voldemort and survived. Your clothes aren't even clothes!? What are those barbarous items!?" Snape scowls, deciding from the get-go that he hated me.

"It's a jean skirt, combat boots and a long hoodie," I say dryly, making him even more confused. "What year is it here?" I sigh finally and Albus's eyes light up as if he solved world hunger.

"I literally asked you what year it is Dumbledore... you'd be an idiot to not think I'm from the future." I scowl at the old man. Albus's blue eyes, stare at me annoyed slightly.

"It's 1994." Snape surprisingly answers and I blink.

"I see," I mutter, already having known the answer but just needing verbal confirmation. "Sixty years back in time," I mumble, sighing, as I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Yep I'm from the future fuckers. So I can be considered a Seer..... technically." I shrug, leaning over to grab one of the candies off of Dumbledore's desk.

They stand stunned, staring at me and I glare at them. "It makes the most sense." I shrug, making Snape sigh.

"Well. What's going to happen?" He asks and I shake my head.