Chapter 5

dedicated to ayen_ree

Chapter 5

Someone

I didn't bother saying thank you to him, I quickly stormed out on his car and went inside feeling how my heart raced for him. It was just a simple statement yet the reaction of my heart it just so weird. . . literally weird.

And so was he. He's also weird to say those things.
Hindi din nagtagal ay bumalik na rin sa normal ang tibok ng puso ko. Huminga ako ng malalim at agad na dumeretso sa kusina.

I peel some avocados to partner with pringles that I bought. After that pumunta na ako sa mga kaibigan ko na nanonood pa rin.

I put the avocado and pringles in the center table. Iyan yung paborito naming gawin kapag may pringles kami. We dip the pringles on avocado and it tastes good actually.

My mother introduces the pringles and avocado thingy to me. Since I am a daughter who likes to eat junkfoods, she finds a way on how I can eat junkfoods with fruit-and it was the avocado.

No'ng una, hindi ko gusto kung bakit i-di-dip ang avocado sa pringles kung pwede ko lang naman kainin ang pringles mag-isa without the avocado one.

But my mom keeps on insisting to try eating eat and I realized that it was good. Kaya pinakain ko rin sa mga kaibigan ko.

We were to focus on watching Dr. Romantic 2 when Zenneth sits beside me and whispered, "I saw you. May humatid sayo dito."

"It's Reeve," I simply stated. I am to focus on watching this one. I have no strength to explain to her kung bakit si Reeve ang naghatid sa akin dito.

Precisely it was partly her fault. Minay- day niya yung nagsusuka ako, kaya nakita niya. Well, ako rin naman.

"Let me guess. . .hmmm," she was smirking at me-more like teasing me, kung sino ba talaga ang naghatid sa akin dito.

"It's the man you've got a drunk chat, right?" And now she's teasing me.

"Well, thanks to you. I've got to encounter him again," I fired back.

"Ayaw mo no'n, nakakasama mo siya," she casually said, and eat.

"Thank you, Zenneth," I gave her a cocky smile.

"No worries. Marami pa 'yan sa susunod."

"Wala ng susunod," I said.

I look through the window and witness how the night was gloomy. It was lonely for there were no stars were shining brightly at the sky. The trees were dancing following the rhythm of the wind.

The night was lonely and I don't like it. It was better if there were stars because it gives light and hopes.

Lonely people tend to isolate themselves in the dark.
But, watching how the stars give light to us, I wish it would also bring hope to them.

That no matter how much you've been through there will be the one to give you light and hope. Just like how the stars bring lights at night.

I looked at my friends who were too focused on watching. Hindi na naman umuulan sa labas at gabi na. Wala ba silang balak umuwi?

"Hoy! Hindi pa ba kayo uuwi?" I asked. It seems like they're enjoying being here that they forgot they have their own house.

"I just told Mommy earlier that I will be staying here until tomorrow," Althea spoke while she gets some chips and dips it into the avocado.