Chapter 57

Dedicated to:rainnn1234

Chapter 57

Chance

"Can you wrap up this for me?" Dr. Caserial said.

"Yes. I will, Doc," I accepted. He took a step backward, and I changed position with him. The nurse took off his scrub suit and stormed out into this room.

We almost lost this patient today if it wasn't for the potential of Dr. Caserial and for the team. I almost lose my senses earlier when I saw the vitals of this patient, and she was barely breathing. Nang dahil sa kapabayaan ko ay malapit na siyang mawala sa amin.

"Dr. Caserial is indeed the master of the Cardiology department," an intern said as she assisted me in suturing the patient.

"If it wasn't for him, we almost lost this patient today," she added.

"Focus on your work," I said coldly. We are not done yet, and we are still dealing with the patient.

She didn't talk afterward until everything wraps up. I asked the intern to speak to the patient's family and informed them that the surgery went successfully. I was dead tired when I get out of the operating room.

This is how my day went every time I get to join the surgery of Dr. Caserial. I massaged my shoulder as I felt pain there. Medyo nangangalay ang likod at ang mga balikat ko sa ilang oras na pagtatayo sa operating table.

"How was the surgery went?" Jenny asked me, full of hope in her eyes. . She was eating her instant noodle when she stopped midway and asked me a question.

Pagkapasok ko sa quarters namin ay ito agad ang ibinungad niyang tanong sa akin.

"Successful," I simply said, feeling tired. I sat beside her and lay my head on the table. I sighed deeply and closed my eyes when a single tear fell from my eyes.

I should be happy. The surgery went successfully, and Dr. Caserial managed to save the patient despite my incompetence earlier. But because of what I had done, we almost lose the patient. One single mistake I made earlier can lead to its death.

Dang it! I'm such a cry baby!

"It's successful, yet you don't seem happy," puna ng kasama ko.

Marahan kong pinikit ang aking mga mata at pinunasan ang mga luha. Mabuti at hindi ako nakaharap sa kaniya at panigurado akong hindi niya ako tatantanan kung bakit ako umiiyak.

"I'm just tired, Jen. May mga hahabulin pa akong ibang cases mamaya," I said with my eyes closed, still not facing her.

Nakatungo pa rin ang ulo ko sa mesa at pinikit ang mga mata. I am exhausted from everything. The cases we handle every day, the neverending complain of some patients, and sometimes, we couldn't control what's happening inside this hospital.

Basically, the hospital is our home already. I can't even go home every day because sometimes there's an emergency happening. Kahit na pagod ka pa ay wala kang magagawa kasi kailangan na kailangan ka ng mga pasyente.

They need us more than they do. They need us to take care of them to get rid of their pain. Patients need doctors.

And there's always some misconception about us—doctors. Some people thought doctors just embezzle money for every surgery they get. They don't really know the struggle behind it. They don't know how much the doctor works hard to save the patient inside the operating room.

And most significantly, they don't know how nerve-wracking it to be in the operating room opening of a patient's body.

They don't know how hard it gets to operate on a patient. Doctors are always doing their best to save the patient as much as they could.