Family Photobook

( a/n : Hello, my lovelies!  It's Author-nim here.  Welcome to a cute little side series called Family Photobook, featuring the lovely cast of Rain.  (Big thanks to AspirinAB for giving me this wonderful idea!) In this short series, we'll be travelling back in time to when [Y/n] was just a child!  But even so, where are the other characters?  (Like Jacob and Minseon).  You see, they'll be a part of the series but only as special guests, meaning they'll come in and join from time to time, mostly being a part of cute au's and whatnot.  I hope you enjoy this side series!  I thought I'd be a really cute thing to add to Rain, especially since I skipped most of [Y/n]'s childhood... sigh.  If you guys like this a lot, please vote on the chapter and I'll make more of this series, possibly in a separate book with its own title.  Thank you for being so supportive of me and my late updates.  But enough of that.  Go, get on with reading! )

Family Photobook
— Birthday

The soft pitter-pattering of small feet echoed down the hall, an energetic young girl racing out from her bedroom to almost tumbling down the stairs, seeming awfully in a hurry. Her little toes bounced from each step carefully, especially after nearly taking a flip down them because she was trying to get downstairs too fast.

Her fists clenched in victory upon reaching the flat, wooden floor, taking a moment to catch her breath. Once steady, the young girl's feet quickly pattered across the wood until she reached the kitchen, a twinkle evident in her eyes as she saw a bright and colourful cake sitting perfectly on the countertop, a little too far for her short arms to grasp.

The youngster had a feeling that the cake was not to be bothered, that she'd probably get into trouble if she ruined its rainbow goodness; but she couldn't help but crave the colourful dessert, her mouth starting to water from picturing her hands all covered in a variety of blues, purples, and pinks.  It was just sitting there, mocking her, teasing her love for sweets. She felt as if she should touch it, take a little bit of the icing.  No one would notice, right?

Determined to taste the yummy icing on her tongue, the young child grabbed a bar stool from under the island, struggling a little to pull it with her and over to where the cake was.  With the chair finally in place, the young girl climbed up on the platform, quickly placing her tiny hands on the counter to stop herself from wobbling off the stool.

Now that she was standing just in front of the cake, she got to see its true, delicious beauty before her very hungry eyes.  A grin made its way onto her face as she carefully let one of her hands come off the countertop, slowly approaching the dessert with caution.  Yet just as her finger was about to skim the side of the cake, a tall figure appeared behind her and pulled her off the stool, placing her gently on the floor to silently sulk.

"[Y/n], mind telling me what you were doing just now?"  Seokjin queried, a hand on his hip as he crouched in front of the child.

"I-I wa-wan' c-cake," she sobbed, her tiny hands working to wipe the fat tears that rolled out of her eyes.

Seokjin sighed softly and brought [Y/n] in close for a hug, her tears staining his new shirt but he didn't care at the moment.  "Dear... don't cry over the cake, it's yours,"  he consoled, sending soft, reassuring pats to her head, the child looking up to him with glossy eyes.

"I-It is..?"  she sniffled, her expression one of uncertainty.

"It is, darling. Wanna know why?" Seokjin coaxed, moving to grab something out of her reach. "It's your birthday, sweetheart," he announced.

"...B-Birfday?" The child seemed at a loss of words as she glanced back up at the cake she once wanted to touch, a smile adorning the eldest's face as he placed a party hat on her small head while she was distracted.

"Yes, love," he cooed, "today's your fourth birthday."

"I-I turn four?"  [Y/n] echoed, feeling the party hat that now stood upon her head.

The youngster didn't know what to say.  She didn't know if she was supposed to feel happy that she was growing up another year, or sad that she wouldn't be Daddy's Lil' princess anymore.  She knew how much Seokjin loved her, but would he still love her if she grew up?

"Daddy, wat if I don' wanna goh up?"  she mumbled, her sentence not really making any sense to the elder, even though he had excellent hearing skills.  "Will you sill wub me?"  she sniffled.

Seokjin softly gasped at her question, quickly shaking his head in disagreement.  "No, sweetheart!  Daddy will always love you no matter how old you are.  Even when you're sixty, Daddy will still hold you like I always have,"  he comforted with a warm, fatherly smile, pulling in the girl for a hug.  "I'll always love you."

They remained like that for a while, enjoying each other's unique and soothing scent, not a word being exchanged between the two.  It was nice, so nice that [Y/n] felt like sleeping on the spot, but she forced her eyes to stay open regardless of Seokjin's lovely fragrance hovering under her tiny nose.

Gathering herself, she put her little hands on eldest's chest, pushing away. "Dos dat meen I hab cake now?"  she asked, her innocent eyes finding Seokjin's pretty ones.

His lips curved into a loving smile as he took in how adorable [Y/n] was being. "Yes, my love. I'll go get the others."

♥︎ a/n ♥︎
How was your day today? DID YOU SEE THE AGUST D 2 PICTURE LIKE IM DEADDDDDD

Also was this cute enough? ùwú