56| His Pain

[WARNINGS: This chapter will contain violence and abuse. Please be warned!]

You stared blankly at the white ceiling.  You turned and flipped onto your side with a heavy sigh, glancing around the living room as you were laying on the couch.  All you could think about was Na Minseon; the boy you met not too long ago at school, but also the boy you feels strangely attracted to, always wanting to be near him.

Your thoughts swirled uncontrollably, pictures of his angelic face, beautiful brown eyes, soft brown hair— every part of him was perfect.  He must've been sent from heaven, right?  He's so gorgeous, he must've been,  you thought, a small blush creeping up on your cheeks.

"What's up with you?"  you jolted up and stared nervously at Hoseok, the male tilted his head to the side.  He crossed his arms with a confused expression gracing his features, moving and sitting down beside you.

"U-Uh, erm– wh-what do you need, Hobi-oppa?"  you stuttered with a nervous cough, your hands becoming a little sweaty.

Hoseok smiled warmly at you.  "Is something on your mind, Pumpkin?  You can always talk to Hoseokie,"  he reminded with a small pout of his lips.  You couldn't help but let out a giggle at his cuteness.

"Okay, oppa.  I'll tell you when I'm ready."  you said, a small smile on your lips as you politely shooed Hoseok away.

×

A teenage boy stumbled home from the market, carrying two grocery bags and a knowing frown on his face, almost like he knew something was going to happen.

The boy carefully opened the dark door to his house, quietly and stealthily tip-toeing towards the kitchen counter, setting the bags atop of it and attempting to quietly put the contents away.

"Son." a deep and stern voice spoke from the hall, the boy flinched and slowly turned to his father.

He gulped. "Y-Yes, father?" he stuttered, afraid as his father stepped closer to him, fear rising in the back of his neck.

"Did you buy something without my permission?" the man asked sternly, glaring at his son.

"Y-Yes, father," the boy's gaze shifted down to stare fearfully at his feet. "I-I thought we could u-use some gro-groceries since we h-haven't been to a store to shop f-for ages, father."

"What did you buy?"

"M-Milk, bread, butter.. t-the usual s-stuff." the boy continued to stare at his own feet, too scared to look up at the dark glaring eyes of his father. "I-I'm sorry, father."

The man stayed silent for a brief moment, stepping closer. "And whose money did you use?"

"Y-Y-Yours, father." the boy winced, stepping back in pain as he felt a slap across his cheek, the area his father hit turning red from the harsh contact.

The boy fearfully looked up, shaking as he stared at his father, the man only glared and scoffed at his son. "You shouldn't use other people's money, boy," he growled out lowly. "It's not yours. So now, hmmm... Well, since you've already done it, you shall receive punishment." his father gave a scary, dark grin, pulling his son into another room.

The bad room.

That's what the boy called it. It was the very room where he received punishment for every wrongdoing he did. The room he feared, the room he had continuous nightmares about, the very room he thought was hell. It was dark, gloomy, filled with multiple things his father could use on him. There, an old wooden chair sat still in the middle of the room; that's where the boy would sit unwillingly and receive his terrible punishment.