71| Her Light

As the night progressed, you were sound asleep, softly snoring away in the depths of your dreams...

"Awake."

You gasped for air, grasping it with your lungs desperately, having all the air been sucked from you when you opened your eyes. A soft groan escaped your lips, feeling confused and still sleepy. You looked around the area of which was your room, only to stare as the moon shone brightly through the thin curtains that hung up over the window, a small smile playing at your lips.

"It's still nighttime?" you said into the silent air, shivering as the cold wind from the open window hit the exposed skin on your arms.

Realizing you had the window open, you quickly got up and shut it tightly, instantly regretting leaving it open a couple hours ago.

A sigh of relief left your lips as you turned on your heel, walking out into the eerily quiet hallway. The moon cascaded it's lovely light down onto the floor from the nearby window, creating a way for you to see.

You hummed softly as you skipped down the hall, forgetting for a moment that your brothers were here, peacefully sleeping in their rooms. They wouldn't mind if you stepped out for a bit, right?

Nah, just as long as they're asleep they won't find out. You'll be back soon anyways, just a nightly stroll is all you would do anyway.

You stepped off the last stair and headed for the front door, passing the kitchen and living area on your way by. You hurriedly slipped on your shoes, you craved the feeling of the wind hitting your cheeks.

Opening the door impatiently, a smile reached your lips. You happily skipped out the door and into the comforting darkness, the streets having not a soul upon them, just you and the beautiful moonlight.

Behind you stood the building you called home, but you continued on, walking away from it, distancing yourself from that place just for awhile.

It was a comforting silence that fell upon the air this night, you let out a relaxed sigh. The darkness surrounded you with a blanket of protection, while the moon gave you it's loving warmth, guiding you throughout the time you'd be exposed to its light.

"I wonder where I shall go," you grinned to yourself, shrugging as you let the night lead you to wherever it wanted you to go.

You stopped in your tracks, eyebrows furrowed and eyes squinted.

"Is that a... is that a hill?" you wondered curiously, having passed an alleyway only to stop and gape at the green grass, a hill under it, looking upon the night sky. A hill through an alleyway? It was awfully strange, but had already captured your interest.

The view was astonishing. The fluffy clouds hovered by the moon in a dreamy way, the grass gently swaying to the direction the wind blew, and the old oak tree that sat beautifully at the top of the hill just added a more dreamy feel to the area. You smiled and ran up the hill, sitting down under the tree in the complete silence that enveloped the city.

It was so relaxing, calming. You found sudden peace in the silence of the night: it made you stop and think for once, it made you relish these one-time moments.

But... something was off. Something was bothering you to the extent as time passed by.

Why did the air feel so different? The moon had seemed to glow even more, and the wind had abruptly stopped. It was so weird.

You had suddenly found yourself walking back towards home, the moonlight once again guiding you through the streets, taking you back safely to where you belonged.