97| Shard

( a/n : can I just apologize for the wait?  I'm so, so sorry!  It slipped my mind when I was trying to sleep, and soon enough it was Wednesday.  I'm sorry guys for the really late update.  I just wish I could get myself to update for you all every Sunday, not just every other Sunday... 🥺😔 also, this chapter may or may not have minor mistakes here and there, so just know that.  I can't keep my eyes open any longer— )

Sunday, April 19th.
— 8 a.m.

'Good morning, Mister Sunshine.' 

You stretched out your limbs on your bed, having just awoken from a good night's sleep with a decent dream, although you could only remember the part about the bright blue café.  Literally, ALL of it was blue, no joke. 

The day had just begun. The birds were tweeting, the sun was shining, and the smell of burnt toast hung in the air— wait.  Burnt toast? Your legs moved in quick speeds as you rushed out of your room, making it to the kitchen in about two seconds.

"What's happening?!" you panicked, fearing of a fire in the house. Being surprised by your sudden voice, Minseon yelped and dropped the glass plate he was holding, causing it to shatter into small pieces all over the tile floor.

"Oh! Minseon!" your protective instincts quickly kicked in and you ran to his aid, pulling him away from the glass and gently setting him on an open barstool. The boy was a little shook at first at how fast you reacted, but then calmed down after he sat down.

"Are you okay?" you softly asked, eyes slightly widening as you glanced at his sock feet. "Huh? Why aren't you wearing slippers?" you inquired.

Minseon hung his head low as if he was embarrassed, whispering quietly, "I-I lost them", your eyes softening upon hearing his tone.

You sighed softly and went to clean up the glass, grabbing the nearby dustpan and carefully sweeping up the transparent shards with a broom and into the pan, your eyes slowly scanning over the tile floor for any unnoticed pieces before returning the items to their rightful places.

'I shouldn't have scared him.  He could've hurt himself because of me.'

After the glass was properly taken care of, you walked back over to Minseon, lifting his chin to see his face. His eyes were avoiding your own, and he kept on playing with his fingers, fidgeting nervously.

"What's wrong, Minnie?" you questioned, carefully observing his cute little actions.

The brunet huffed and kept avoiding your gaze, which was, honestly, driving you nuts.  Why wouldn't he look at you?  Was it your face?  Something you did?  Maybe you freaked him out a little bit back there.

'Gosh, why do I have to be so weird.  Sometimes I forget I'm not really human.'

Meanwhile, in your head, as you were contemplating why he was not looking at you, Minseon was sending short glances at you, not saying a word.

'Maybe I did freak him out. Maybe he's not that used to this as much as I thought he was?' you mentally sighed. 'I can't even hear his thoughts right now. It's driving me crazy! I don't know what's going on inside his head.'

You were pulled away from your thoughts as a small tug was made on your sleeve, and you turned your head to see Minseon, looking up to you like a shy puppy would. You so badly wanted to squish his cheeks.

'What is up with me today?'

Ignoring your random feelings, you focused on Minseon, as he was the one and only thing important to you in this world right now.  He was your mate, and you'd do anything to protect him, no matter the cost.