95| Acceptance

( a/n : be warned, my lovelies. This is pretty long and kinda confusing and probably really boring and maybe even a really bad chapter— sorry. Go ahead and read it. It took me awhile to think of something to happen after the previous chapter :')  so this is what I came up with. Thanks for reading! )

<<< Previously, on chapter 94 >>>

The brunet wore a small smile, but you could tell he was proud of himself. "C-Could I... d-do it again—"

"WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON UP HERE??"

<<< Present time >>>

You quickly pushed Minseon away from you before Seokjin could see anything... unusual, as he neared your bedroom door. Minseon's heart was beating really fast, he was afraid of being caught. You understood his fear, as living with seven (vampire) brothers could make someone feel that way, especially when most of them get really overprotective sometimes.

As Seokjin's eyes set on you from the doorway, you could feel his burning gaze on your head. Maybe he knew what happened between you and Minseon...

"What's going on?" the eldest demanded as he glanced back and forth between the two of you, his eyes almost like scanners as they moved rapidly to capture anything that didn't please him.

You remained calm, despite the fact that your own heart was beating just as fast as Minseon's.  "Nothing, we were just talking,"  you half lied, watching carefully as Seokjin's eyes squinted slightly, seeming quite unsure of your reply.

The eldest stepped forward, entering your room with his disbelieving gaze looming over you, then to Minseon.  You glanced at the boy, noticing how he tried to remain calm, even though he wasn't really doing a good job.  Seokjin stared hard at Minseon for what felt like several minutes, maybe only coming close to ten seconds in real time.

The tension dissipated as the male sighed and turned around.  "Fine,"  he said.  "Dinner is in one hour."  And with that, Seokjin left the room, and although he seemed defeated, you knew he still had that feeling that something was up.

You finally breathed for what felt like so long, your lips curving into a small smile as you turned to Minseon.  "He didn't do anything,"  you said, sighing in relief.

"I was scared for a moment there....  your brothers are really scary when it comes to protecting you."

You nodded, letting out a few giggles at the shook expression painted on Minseon's face.  To be honest, you were quite scared too.  You were worried something bad would've happened if Seokjin had discovered that you two had kissed... for the very first time.

He'd be livid.

Your brothers were no joke when it came to you, especially when you were in need of protecting.  And now that you had experienced your first kiss, you were sure that they would be really upset that you never told them.  You couldn't tell them anyways, it would be too weird.

"Minseon...  do you like me?" you mumbled softly, looking down at your hands folded on your lap.

The boy smiled, a pink hue rising to his cheeks as he stared at you. He opened and closed his mouth to speak, but not quite finding the words he wanted to say. He breathed in the much needed air, laying his warm hand atop your own. "Y-Yes. How c-could I not like s-such a w-wonderful person?" His voice was so soft and gentle, you couldn't get enough of hearing it.