84| Strawberry Daze

( a/n : its a long one.. )

The night was beginning to turn a little on the chilly side. Days began to shorten bit by bit as seasons started changing.

You enjoyed times like these; where the end of the year was near in just a few months. It was nice knowing that you did a lot this year.

But let's not think about that just yet.

We have plenty of room for new memories to make during this time. No rush.

Life may seem fast in some cases, but let's just take things slow, shall we?

It was 2:45pm on a Saturday, a light breeze coming in through your window and hitting your arms as you read an interesting mystery book.

"Alice couldn't quite figure out the culprit's face, but she happened to have caught a glimpse of a prickly black rose tattoo on their left forearm," you read aloud, "and during her last visit to her favourite café, she came upon a stranger with the very same tattoo printed on the same spot. Just like the culprit that night."

You've been reading this book since 11 o'clock this morning, having been hooked on mystery novels these days.

The sun shone through the glass and cascaded onto the floor, warming the wood under its gaze. But you continued to read, ignoring everything around you.

"The man didn't state his name during her visit, but he dropped something of his own onto the ground when he left rather quickly upon seeing Alice. The young lady picked up the wallet and searched through it for any clues. It was empty of anything helpful thus far, except for an unusual family photo behind some old business card."

You sighed, pulling away from the novel for a moment to take a break and have a drink of your water.

'Romance novels just haven't been so interesting lately, and I don't know why.'

A gentle gust of wind came through your window as you stood afoot and walked to the door, opening it to the hallway— where Minseon is..?

You raised your eyebrows as you stared at the dazed boy, "what at you doing here?"

Minseon fiddled with his fingers, looking confused. "I-I don't k-know, I just, umm.. I d-don't know why I-I'm here actually.." he sighed and brought his hands down to his sides, shaking his head. "I don't know what's wrong with me.."

"What? Why would there be something wrong with you?" you questioned.

"I-I've been th-thinking weird th-things. A-and now I-I'm doing weird things.." he trailed, scratching the spade on his neck.

"Huh.." you furrowed your brows as you stared at the spade mark on his neck with an unknown feeling. "C-could it be the mark?"

Minseon frowned, "what m-mark?"

"The one on your neck?"

The boy froze and touched his neck, feeling nothing but skin; however, he felt some sort of feeling go through his whole body when he touched it.

"Oh.." he replied, "m-maybe it is."

"I wonder why," you thought aloud, tapping your chin. "It's just a little mark, nothing to be worried about."