80| Heartbeat

Seokjin and Minseon headed back up to the cottage not too long after their talk, and while walking back they had a great idea.  They thought it'd be nice to have a lovely picnic on a hill Seokjin had spotted.  It wasn't too far away, but it was a bit far from the ground.

No one had any idea, so it was like a surprise for them. The two planned to make sandwiches, pack fruits and veggies, bring water and lemonade, and a mix of cookies that Seokjin had brought on the trip.

The food was already prepared and stuffed in the refrigerator around five o'clock. Minseon tried his very best to make the sandwiches delicious for everyone. He wanted them to feel happy while eating, so he could feel happy that he made someone happy.

It soon came the time where they would leave, and Minseon was already getting [Y/n]'s attention.

"S-So we're going t-to e-eat on a hill!" he exclaimed excitedly, already feeling impatient and eager to leave.

The young boy hadn't had a picnic since his Mom had died. Deep inside, he wanted to have another moment with her.  He missed her dearly.  But, he was truly happy to have another one– a special one, with his best friend.

"A picnic?"  the vampire stood afoot, clasping her hands together,  "sounds good to me!"

Minseon smiled upon hearing her voice, his heart beating a little faster as he gazed into her pretty eyes that seemed to captivate him every time. 

The boy was relaxed as he looked at her.  Something within him had always seemed to pull him to the vampire– something that's been there ever since he laid his eyes on her the first day they met.

~
Flashback
~

The quiet brunet boy was always kind to everyone— even though the one person he held dear wasn't kind to him in return.

He was alone, so alone in this world. Being abused by the only family you have left...  It could break a person. But, Minseon had accepted it long ago– even though it wasn't really his fault she died that day.

As he was relaxing somewhere's behind the school, the brunet overheard some students talking about him, their voices coming closer and closer to where he sat. In a rush, Minseon sneaked away from the once peaceful area and more towards the school entrance. 

'Those boys are always talking about me..'

The brunet glanced at his watch, a small gasp escaping his lips.  Class was about to start soon!  He quickly turned to the doors, but a sudden gust of chilly wind blew his hair to the side, almost like it was forcing him to look somewhere.

Minseon's head turned towards a stone path that led up to a big, pretty tree– one that had a sleeping girl laying against its bark, totally oblivious to the time.

'She'll be late if I don't wake her up!'

The wind blew behind the boy as he ran up the stone pathway, his footsteps ceasing as he reached the girl, her mouth a little open with soft snores escaping every so often.

He hadn't known he was staring until he heard the school doors behind him slam. He saw a few kids already heading back inside the building before classes would start.