13. Graduation

"OH Jhanae look at this card it's so big and cute" I said admiring this huge hallmark card that had 'Congrats 2014 grad' on the front. We were in Walmart shopping for random stuff to put in the house

"That's cute" Jhanae responded

"I should buy this for my section leader, my whole section can sign it and I'll give it to her on graduation day as a surprise" I said enthusiastically

"That's a good idea I know you going to get one for percussion section leader too right?"

"Of course, best friend deserves one" I replied grabbing two cards and their envelopes.

Class of 2014 graduation is soon approaching and I am excited for their graduation that way they can leave and it'll be my year to leave, I'll miss a lot of the senior's I've gotten close with this year but oh well.

I know that sounds a little mean, but I'm just speaking the truth. Junior year has been one hell of a year, but I made it through with so much accomplishments. The senior's last day of school is later this week so school is will be kind of empty every day.

I've been trying to be as secretive as possible with these big behind cards knowing that my section leader is never around it wouldn't be hard to hide it from her. But Paul is always around and he's one curious ass boy so I have to be very cautious. I've been calling random percussion people to come sign the card, but I always make them sign it far from the percussion room.

"I'm not stupid Shanice; you're calling every percussionist to come see you except me, what are you doing?" Paul came and asked me.

"Boy that has nothing to do with you so calm down" I responded with a smile.

"Ok I'm going to find out" he said while walking away.

I'm not surprised he asked what was going on only because he's nosey like that, but hopefully everything will go as planned.

*******

School is over and I managed to get half of the percussion section to sign the cards, as for my section, most of them are MIA so I'll have to wait to find them later this week after the seniors leave.

I was in my practice room chilling with Ruth when I see Paul passed by so I told Ruth to hide the card behind her book bag just in case he decides to come in our practice room. Just like I predicted the door opened and in comes Paul.

"So want to tell me what you have planned?" He asked with a smirk.

"I don't know what you're talking about Paul" I replied acting clueless.

"So what's in that bag right there?" He asked pointing to the bag that the cards were in behind Ruth's book bag.

"Oh that's my project" I responded quickly

"Your Project? For who?" He asked

"My fifth period teacher, you know she always have us doing projects" I half lied; it's the truth that lady always have us doing projects.

"Can I see the project then?" He asked

"No"

"Why not?"

"Cause its ugly and I don't want anybody to see it"

"Shanice I'm not stupid that looks like a big ass card" My mood instantly changed it went from funny to mad. I hate how he just couldn't accept that it was a surprise but insisted on finding out what I had planned for him. This isn't the first time I surprised him with something, but it's the first time he jumped over hills trying to find out.