31. Theres more

It's been a couple of days since I last talked to Alex. Paul has been asking me if I'm able to talk ever since Sunday, but considering his work schedule, and my mother's work schedule they don't mix.

Today was my mom's day off and I was highly annoyed that she was home all day.

"Girls, they just called me to go to work so I'll be doing an overnight, see yall in the morning." Mom said walking out the door.

I smiled, it was around midnight and I knew Paul was up still cause he probably got off of work a couple hours ago.

Shanice: my mom just went to work so we can talk tonight if you want.

Paul: your sister not going to trip?

Shanice: idk either way it's not like she going to snitch

Paul: alright on my way.

I had a satin cap on my head and I wasn't planning on taking it off I just put on some shorts over my other shorts.

About fifteen minutes later Paul told me he was outside, I walked out my room, Jhanae's room door was open but I didn't care I walked out the house and got into the car with Paul.

"Hey" I greeted him.

"Hey" he replied driving away from the house.

My phone started ringing, and it was Jhanae I answered the phone knowing she was about to snap.

"Hello"

"Where the fuck you at?"

"Out" I replied.

"Do you not see what time it is, out where? With who?"

"Around the corner, I'm with Paul"

"Shanice if you don't get your ass back home now"

"Nigga I just said we around the corner" I replied getting irritated.

"What is so important that yall have to go around the corner and not right here?"

"I can't disclose that with you, I'll be back soon alright"

"You know what I don't care do what the fuck you want" she hung up the phone before I even got a chance to reply, I shrugged my shoulders.

"Everything good?" Paul asked as he drove.

"Yea, she was just being extra"

Paul nodded, as he turned in this familiar apartment complex, "this is where I grew up." He admitted.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yup" he nodded before parking. We both got out the car as we started walking.

"Ok so what I wanted to talk you about... It's like... Damn I don't know how to put it" he stumbled.

I giggled. "Just say it" I told him.

We walked to the park and we sat down by the slides.

"Alright, the other day when I first told you we need to talk and I asked you why were you telling Alex things" he started. I nodded following along

"Yea, Tia had call me and started telling me some of the shit that you said, I'm not going to lie some of the shit caught me off guard. When Alex called you, she had Tia on the other line listening to everything"

"You serious?" I asked semi shocked.

"Dead ass that's why I told you to hang up, don't think I was just talking to you like that for the hell of it. If I already knew who you were on the phone with that should've told you something."