3. Why did I trust you?

It's been 3 months since Ray left. I been talking to Nick ever since that day, we tried to make things more serious but with church, and Haitians, it was best that we stay friends. Everybody at church who knows call us friends with benefits cause most of the time Nick only talked about sex. We're not doing anything though.

I started sophomore year and things been going pretty well. Ray been contacting me on a regular now, it's becoming awkward as hell. Ever since he left we kept in touch but not as much as he was calling me and texting me now, I wonder what the fuck all this was about.

After band practice I took the activity bus home and walked home from my bus stop. When I got home I saw Jhanae spread out on the couch looking frustrated, For starters she's always in her room so it's really weird that she's in the living room.

"Hey sis what's wrong?" I asked her

"Will come here I need to talk to you" I put my bag down on the floor and sat right next to her on the couch. "I can't really find a way to tell you so here" She said handing my phone. It was the messages between her and Ray earlier that week I looked at her with a confused expression. Her and Ray barely talk to each other but I decided to read anyway.

Texting Convo

Ray: What would you say if I got somebody pregnant? -5:23 p.m.

Me: Who my sister? -5:42 p.m.

Ray: no generally -5:43 p.m.

Me: that's some serious stuff to think about why? -5:45 p.m.

Ray: Nothing just asking -5:46 p.m.

Me: Don't lie to me what happened? -5:46 p.m.

Ray: I think I did -5:48 p.m.

Me: who? -5:49 p.m.

Ray: Sasha -5:50 p.m.

Me: How many months? -5:50 p.m.

Ray: 3 -5:52 p.m.

Me: Wait hold the fuck up you cheated on my little sister? -5:52 p.m.

Ray: yea but please don't tell her anything about this, it happened when I took Sasha to prom -5:54 p.m.

Me: So you going to let her sit here looking stupid and when you come back home with a big belly person next to you how you expect her to feel? Is this why you been so clingy to her all of a sudden? -5:56 p.m.

Ray: I'll tell her when the time is right -5:58 p.m.

End of convo.

I literally felt my blood start to boil. "He came back home for the weekend he said he forgot something so I know you're way past flaming right now do you want to go confront him" Jhanae asked with so much sympathy in her voice.

I was already out the door walking to Ray's house Jhanae was behind me. I knocked on their front door long and hard not giving a fuck if they thought it was police or not. Ray's mom opened the door and I greeted her as I went to Ray's room with Jhanae hot in my heel.

"Sha relax I think you should calm down" Jhanae said but I wasn't going to listen to her regardless. I opened his room door to find him lying on his bed on the phone.

"SO I LET YOU GO TO PROM WITH THAT BITCH AND YOU FUCK HER ASS AND HAD THE NERVE TO ACT LIKE EVERYTHING WAS COOL?" Ray looked behind me at Jhanae who had nothing but a blank expression on her face.

"Shanice I can explain" he started to reply but I cut him off

"NO DONT FUCKING WORRY ABOUT EXPLAINING, THIS WHOLE MOTHA F***** TIME I'M HERE SAYING I TRUST YOUR ASS AND YOU GO BEHIND MY BACK AND DO SOME SHIT LIKE THIS? YOU KNOW HOW BAD THAT MAKES ME LOOK TO EVERYBODY OUT THERE, I KNEW SOMETHING WAS WRONG WHEN YOU HAD CALL ME WHEN YOU GOT HOME I JUST LET THAT SHIT SLIDE BUT NOW I SEE I SHOULDNT HAVE"

"Listen Shanice I don't know if the baby is mine or not"

"Raymond don't fucking add more lies into my sister's head I talked to Sasha and before y'all went to prom she was indeed a virgin meaning you had to be the only one to pop her Chery" Jhanae said.

"Damn Jhanae I swear you can't keep your damn mouth shut"

"What's all this yelling about?" His mom came in the room and asked looking mainly at me since I was the one who looked like I was about to kill. She seen I wasn't about to say anything so she asked Ray what was going on

"Nothing ma"

"I mean you might as well tell her since you're the only possible father" I said, and he looked at me and I saw the anger and redness build up so quick if looks can kill I would've been six feet under but I wasn't scared.

"What is she talking about?"

"Well your son betrayed my fucking trust and went and fucked his prom date that is now 3 months pregnant with his baby, how you like them apples?" I said with an evil smile while Jhanae tried to hold in her laughter I walked up to Ray and kicked him in his shit so hard, I know his dick was hurting "You lucky that's all I'm gone do for now, you really just started a war, you and that pregnant bitch, don't fuck with me" I said as he was bent over on the floor crying of pain from when I kicked him.

I walked out the house and down the street back home. I was so furious I went and lie down, put my headphones in and tried to relax and calm down.