27. Wrong motives

"Hey Shanice here's your birthday present, happy belated birthday best friend" David handed me a wrapped up gift, it felt like a box.

"Thanks David, I really appreciate it."

"No problem, you deserve it." He hugged me and walked away, Alex and Jamal popped up out of no where.

"What's that" Jamal asked.

"Something David gave me for my bday"

"Damn Shanice you still getting gifts for your bday, you ballin" Alex said as she examine the wrapped up box.

"Well it is my birthday month" I ripped the gift wrap off, and opened the box to be shocked at what I seen.

"Oh shit Paul going to be mad as fuck" Alex stated.

"Damn you going to tell him Sha?" Jamal asked.

It was a best friend necklace it was actually two one silver, and one gold. The infinity sign was in the middle with the word BFF carved on the side of the sign. It was beautiful but I was only thinking about Paul at the moment.

"It would be so wrong if I don't show him that David got this for me, but damn, I'm not going to be flaw though I'll tell him later"

"David is kind of wrong for doing that though, I'm your best friend, and I'll never go that far and do something like that without talking to Paul. He's your main best friend and that should be respected" Jamal stated.

He had a point, everybody knows Paul doesn't play about me as his best friend, he's so quick to defend. The only person he was lenient about is Jamal, I never actually knew why but Jamal knows his position and he's very respectful about it.

"Well good luck with that, I need to talk to you after school today if you not doing anything" Alex asked.

"Yea I'll be here"

I picked up my phone getting ready to text Paul.

Shanice: so I just got another bday gift and I wanna show you but promise you won't get mad

Paul: from who?

Shanice: David

Paul: let me see

I took a picture of the necklaces and sent it to him

Paul:

Shanice: I told you not to get mad

Paul: David is not your best friend, I am, that just got me mad.

I sighed knowing this was about to get bad.

Shanice: I understand that but don't go punishing him for it he was just being nice for my bday

Paul: like I said, I'm your best friend, I was planning to get us matching charms or some shit but he just ruined it by doing that.

I sighed knowing that this was going to take longer then expected. I continued texting him.

A few days later I found out that Paul was ignoring David, and David constantly comes up to me and ask me if he's still mad.

After two days I decided to get on Paul's behind.

Shanice: Paul can you stop ignoring David, he's been asking me non stop are you still mad, it's getting annoying. He's sorry and he said it won't happen again just let it go

Paul: tell him to leave you alone and stop asking you

I busted out laughing cause he only focused on how annoyed I was getting instead of him stopping his petty behavior.