37. Kevon

I woke up this morning to a text from Kevon, he's up earlier than me this morning, shocker.

Kevon: good morning

Shanice: 😮 you're up early, and you came out the bushes 😒 but good morning.

I was referring to last night when he was gone all day, and texted me around 3 in the morning while I was sleep.

Kevon: baeeeee

Shanice: ...

Kevon: baeeee

Shanice: hmmm

Kevon: baby

Shanice: yes

Kevon: are you going to come chill with me later?

Shanice: when I get my car back sure.

Kevon: what happened to it?

Shanice: my sister took it to work but she should be back around 2

Kevon: ok then just let me know

Kevon parents are in Jamaica for the week and this will be our first time actually chilling in person. We've been talking for a month and a half and I guess it's time that we actually chilled instead of texting each other all the time.

When Jhanae came home, I texted Kevon and told him that I got my car back and I'm about to hop in the shower and get ready. It took me a while longer to get ready considering I just washed my hair yesterday and I have to flat iron it so it doesn't frizz up that bad.

Shanice: my bad I had to deal with this mess I call hair but I'm leaving my house now

Kevon: you remember where I stay at?

Shanice: surprisingly yea.

I remember Paul and I were arguing the whole way over there, but we were arguing about the distance so I guess that's how I remembered.

I got there in only fifteen minutes. I was a little nervous but it was nothing serious.

Shanice: I'm here

Kevon: alright I'm coming.

Soon the garage door opened and out walked Kevon I got out the car as we greeted each other with a hug.

"There's nothing wrong with your hair?" He said looking at me.

"It's going to frizz up real soon, just wait on it" Kevon continued to stare at me I remember he also did this the first time Paul brought us here.

"Stop staring so hard" I said.

"I can't look?" He asked.

"Yes, but it gets awkward after a few"

"A few what?" He asked as he lead the way inside the house.

"Seconds" I admitted. I looked around in awe at the beautiful house he lead me through the living room in the kitchen where he introduced me to his older brother.

"He's going to fix the radio right here, so you can sit if you want"

"There's stuff on the couch you know so"

"I see you're being smart again"

"Me? I have no idea what you're talking about" I said so innocently.

"So you going to stand there and act like you don't pie me everyday?" He asked as he removed the stuff off the couch.

"I don't pie people" I tried to hold in my laugh. I watched as him and his brother fixed the radio and speakers. Soon after his brother cleared it, Kevon cleaned up a little before closing the light and coming to sit next to me.