19. Pre drills

My alarm went off, it's way to early to be out of bed but I have pre drills to attend.

I got out of bed and stretched as I went to handle my daily hygiene routine. Pre drills starts at eight and I wake up an hour before, takes me only twenty or thirty minutes to get ready and be out the house.

"Mom can you drop me off at school?"

"Yea, what time will you be done?"

"Most likely four o'clock"

"Ok have Jhanae come pick you up cause you know I'll be at work around that time"

"I got you"

"I can't wait till you have a car"

"You and me both mom"

We walked to the car and on the way there we just listened to radio. I'm wearing my sweats and a jacket because I'm not trying to get a tan from the sun. I have shades and a hat on to be hidden from the sun.

When I got to school I met up with Ruth where we went to the cafeteria to eat breakfast.

"There goes Tia" Ruth said motioning her head in the direction Tia was in. I turned my head to look not really caring as I shrugged my shoulders.

"I sense some attitude" Ruth laughed looking at me.

I chuckled "It's not an attitude I just don't really care"

"I'm surprised she hasn't given you any problems yet considering everybody basically knows you and Paul got a lil something going on"

"We don't have anything going on so she shouldn't give me any problems." I stated.

"But you and Paul fucked so..."

Oh my gosh, everybody and they damn momma think me and Paul fucked even if you tell them the truth they still going to believe we did.

"Ok Ruth moving on"

"Your best friend is here"

"Oh gosh lets go back to the band room"

"Something wrong? Y'all still beefing?"

"No but we're not talking as much as we used to and I'm not trying to see him socialize with his girl while we're here"

Ruth got up and we went to practice our instrument before going outside as a whole band to work out and practice marching.
*******************

We've been outside on the field for the longest and it's hot. I'm beyond annoyed because any mistake we make, our asshole of a band staff is going to make us run a lap. I already ran a lap with my section, and now we're going to march up and down the field.

Percussion was in front of us and Paul was helping them out, he walked in front of us and stopped in front of me.

"Hey Shanice" he said with a slight smirk.

I had my shades on and my hat was on low, I looked up at him and waved not really having the energy to mouth the words hey.

To be honest I was lowkey feeling some type of way considering the fact that he still has yet to tell me about his new found relationship. But again I'll wait.

*******************

Throughout the rest of the week me and Paul really didn't talk I see him everyday at pre drills... He comes out to help then goes to work after

It's the last day of pre drills and its lunch time. Everybody brings their own food and mostly everybody needs to heat it up, since there's a microwave in the uniform room, I have to sit and watch these people. Nobody is allowed to eat in here I'm the only exception since I have to be in here the whole time.