11. Confused

Few Months Later.....

Therapy has helped me grow a little, but I'm just so happy I'm done with this whole situation. I no longer have to think about it, I've moved on, I'm not so uptight about much anymore, I learned how to speak a little more rather than keeping things bolted in.

It's now the approaching the end of my junior year and everything is going pretty well; I have a break from band now that marching season is over. I've become a lot friendlier so I'm not as lonely as I was in the beginning of the year. I stay after school a lot only to chill with some of my friends instead of going home and being bored.

Throughout the year Paul and I have gotten extremely close, like to a point I never imagined. I can tell Paul anything without being so hesitant because he just makes it that comfortable for me to talk to him. We see each other almost every day and we also text each other almost every day. A lot of my friends that's in my section always making jokes about us and it used to get annoying but I got used to it now. We have a really close friendship where I can just playfully call him bae and boo without it being taken seriously, anytime somebody wants to say something about us I'll always respond and tell them that's bae

We've also gotten close to the point where anytime he needs anything I won't hesitate to give it to him. I'm a nice person and all but to certain people I don't do the same stuff I do for my best friend. A few months ago I overheard him talking about smoking, I knew he smoked weed but I never looked into it that much, even though we're close there's so much other things we don't talk about. Once he found out that I didn't like the fact that he was smoking, he made a promise that he won't smoke for a whole month. It was going to be a challenge but I agreed and told him that we can start. He haven't smoked since that day we made that bet and I am so proud of him, I have major respect for him just because he did that, it's been a few months now and his system is clean from that herb.

We had a field trip today and they're ordering pizza for us later on in the day. We got back to school around second lunch so I was just chilling in the practice room since I didn't have to go to class the rest of the day, but like usual Paul and I are always play arguing and fighting during lunch, this time though he slapped me real hard and ran to class so I couldn't catch up to him. I didn't trip because I know where his next class is so I decided to wait till this class period was over.

Before the bell rung Jhanae popped up on campus again, I told her what happened

"He slaps you all the time Shanice" Jhanae responded

"No Jay like he attracted a crowd the slap was hard and loud so I have to get him back for that"

"Well damn since you put it like that; let's go the bell about to ring isn't it?" She asked.

"Yea let's go" we started walking to his class and as we were walking I spotted him walking ahead of us so I told Jhanae to walk a little faster so we can catch up with him. He eventually spotted us and he started walking faster to the building his class is in. The people in front of me were taking their time walking to class so I excused myself and cut through the crowd, I got inside the building before he did so I was blocking him from going to class.

"Brahh chill I got to get to class" He said as he was trying not to get close to me but still try to get to class

"No I have to get you back" I responded still blocking his way to get to class; I eventually figured the bell was going to ring soon so I let him get through. I decided to wait to get him back later. Jhanae and I walked back to the band suite and she persuaded me to go in the percussion room

"You said he knows you be in there, He's section leader so if he's ok with it come on" Jhanae said

"I guess hopefully he stays in class and don't leave." I responded. We went into the percussion room and as me and Jhanae sat down and talked two other people that's in percussion walked in the room, I was cool with them so they didn't really say much about me being there. But as soon as I heard somebody touch the door I looked and saw the familiar sneakers I know he was wearing today.