Chapter 5

Vharreys POV

I thanked Demi as my dad lead me outside to our car. I saw a figure standing beside it and I froze. Dad's grip tightened around my hand which caused my to releax a luttle as I knew he wasn't going to leave me myself. "Jen what are you doing here?" Dad asked and mum got up from against the car. "Taking my daughter home!" She snapped and I squeezed dad's hand. "You're not taking her anywhere!" He spat and she laughed bitterly. "You sure about that?" She asked and he nodded. "Natalia come here!" She said gently and my grip loosened on dad's hand.

Her eyes were suddenly gentle towards me, not like they have been many years before. "Tali! Babygirl come here! Give me a hug?" Wow! She called me Tali! She hasn't called me that in years! "Just a hug?" I asked her and she nodded. I let go if dad's hand slowly. I knew he was watching me, keeping me safe. I edged my way to my mum and fell into her arms. "Hi Tali!" She said and I sighed. I missed her hugs. "We need to go Talu!" She said when we pulled away. "What do you mean? It's so late, cant we all stay at the hotel?" I asked her and she shook her head gently. "Baby, things are difficult right now! You're too young to understand!" She said and I felt my blood boil. I was old enough. "I'm old enough to understand mum! Just tell me what's really going on!" I shouted as my anger problems started to get even harder to control.

"Your father and I are getting a divorce! And I want full custody of you and Liam!" She said and I stepped away from her until I crashed into my dad. "The divorce I understand but full custody? Is that really necessary?" I asked and she nodded. "Why?" I asked and my dad placed his hand on my shoulder for support. "Coz I dont want you near him! He is never here anyway! He is always at work!" She screamed amd I growled at her. "WHAT ABOUT YOU? YOU ONLY SHOUT AT ME AND HIT ME!" I screamed st her and her expression hardened. "You could be right beside me but be so far away! I want dad to have custody over me! He cares about me! You dont! In your mind you only have one child and he is 17 years old!"

Her face hardened and as she stepped forward. Dad then pushed me behind him as he stepped forward. "You wont touch her Jen! You wont ever touch her again!" Dad said and the tears threatened to spill from my eyes as my mum slapped Dad's cheek. "Fine! You have the little shit! Keep her! Kill her for all I care, I want nothing to do with the little brat! She isn't even yours! Dont know why you want her!"  She spat and I froze.

"What do you mean? Of course she is mine!" He snapped and mum laughed. "She aint yours Matthew! You should ask Sean though!" She spat and I growled at her. "You had an affair with my brother?" He screamed and I fell to the ground. My dad wasnt my dad? He was acutely my uncle and my uncle was acutely my dad? "You stupid bastard! She was never yours! But I dont want her so keep the brat!" She spat and I launched myself at her. I tackled her and punched her in the face until my dad lifted me off of her. He walked away a bit and I heard a soft voice. My ears were ringing and my vision blurred. My dad set my shaking body on the ground and delecate arms wrapped around me.

"Shh! Calm down!" The voice said and it was familiar. But right niw I wasnt thinking, I was feeling. "You stupid fucking bitch! I hope you rot hell for this fucking shit!" I screamed at her and the arms around my tightened. "Can you be my nightingale?" "Sing to me I know you're there!" The voice sang and I instantly started to relex. This song alwasy reminded me of Ty, he was my nightingale!