Chapter 35

Perrie's POV

My phone started buzzing beside me on the bedside table. I quickly answered it before Jade woke up. "Hello?" I answered groggily into the phone. "Ms. Edwards?" It was the doctor from the hospital. I sat up carefully and moved my pillow for Jade to cuddle into.

I walked into Natalia's empty room and shut the door. "Yes?" I asked as I paced the room. "Treatment started earlier than planned as her body seemed stronger than we'd thought! Her treatment is nearly complete, however her body is weaking quickly and we need you here since you are her registered guardian!" He said and I was completely frozen.

"Is she gonna make?" I asked and I felt tears slip down my cheeks. "We hope so! If she makes the treatment her chances of going into a coma are going to be heightened! I'm sorry!" He said and I sniffed quietly. "I'm on my way!" I whispered and hung up the phone. I pulled myself together and quietly went back to Jade and I's room. She hadn't moved an inch.

I quickly got some clothes and got changed in the bathroom. I tied my hair up and grabbed my phone. I grabbed my car keys and quickly wrote a note for Jade when she wakes up. I walked out of the house and locked the doors before unlocking my car. I checked the time for the first time since I had been woken up. "2:46am, fuck sake!" I whispered as I let out a breath. I started the car and drove to the hospital.

When I got there I parked the car and walked to where Natalia's room was. I opened the door slowly to be met with the doctor I talked with on the phone and a nurse I've never seen before. She was working with Natalia who looked lifeless on the bed. "Agh, Ms Edwards, glad you're here!" He said and I nodded my head; eyes trained on my baby sister. "How's she doing?" I askes quietly as I walked over to her free side.

I stroked her cheeks carefully so I wouldn't hurt her as her skin would still be sensitive. "She's hanging in there ma'am! Only got around 4 hours to go!" The nurse said and I nodded. I sat down on the chair and rested my head in my hands. "Nice ring!" The nurse whispered and I lifted my gaze to my right hand. "Thank you! Natalia bought me it for my 18th!" I whispered and she smiled warmly.

The doctor had already left so it was just us three left in the room. "We're doing everything we can ma'am! I really do hope she makes it! I know of the struggle she has!" She whispered as her eyes trailed down to Natalia's visible arms. Tears pricked my eyes but I blincked them back.

"You should be really happy for her ma'am! These scars, are over a month old! No scratch marks tk show she has tried and stopped! She looks to be going strong!" The nurse whispered and my eyes looked to my baby sisters arms. The scars looking more clear due to her paleness. I ran my fingers over the little ridges and bumps.

"Her anorexia is improving aswell! She had a few cuts from the fight on her stomach and only myself and Dr Booth saw her condition!" She explained and I felt myself smile. "How much weight has she put on?" I asked and the nurse smiled. "She went from 5 stone to nearly 6! With her history, I'd say she's doing really well!" The nurse's words warmed my heart. She was trying, really trying.

"Why don't you go get a coffee or something? It's late and you're clearly tired! She'll be fine, on you go!" She whispered and I smile. "Thank you! And please, call me Perrie!" I said greatfully as I went and bought a coffe from the cafeteria.
When I got back to her room with my coffee it was around 3:30am. I sat back on my seat and smiled at the nurse who I'd learned was called Karen. "Ok, Perriw dear, please do not panic but will you go and fetch Dr Booth?" She stated more than asked. I nodded quickly and ran to get him when her heart monitor started to beep faster. I ran to the reception amd as soon as he saw me and heard the rapid beating he shouted everyone and ran with me to her room.

Natalia was shaking and convulsing quite a lot. I started to cry and screamed as people tried to drag me away. "You can't remove her! This is her big sister and our only source of O- blood in this entire hospital! We need her in here now!" Dr Botth shouted as I broke free from the doctors arms.

I ran to Natalia and saw them get the defibrillator running. "Wait, don't you have to put the pads on her first?" I asked as Dr Booth charged the padles. "No time ma'am! Sorry!" He said and pressed the paddles onto her body. The heart monitor flat lined. "Clear!" Dr Booth shouted and Natalia's body shot up and then fell back onto the bed. "Again.... And, clear!" Her body jumped again and after turning the charge up her heart restarted.

Her heart found its rhythmic beat and calmed down. I took a look at her body. They had tore off her shirt so she was left in her bra and you could see where the paddles were. "Will these dissappear?" I asked as my fingers traced the rectangular wounds. "I don't know, the voltage needed was extremely high so not a lot of burning would've occurred but everyone is different! I wouldn't count on them fading completely though!" Karen said as she pulled the cover over her body.

"Continue with the treatment! I'll be fine!" I whispered to answer her question. "Ok Perrie dear, maybe you can call your wife-" "I don't have a wife," I said confused. "Oh dear I'm sorry, I thought you were, with the young brunette girl? Jade I think her name was!" She smiled as I did. "Jade is my girlfriend, not my wife Karen!" I whispered and she nodded smiling.

"Sorry dear! Easy mistame to make, jt isn't very clear that you too aren't married! I see the way you look at each other! You'll always be together! I don't see you girls loosing the magic you have!" She said and turned her attention back to Natalia to continue with her treatment. "Thank you... Karen!" I whispered and she nodded.