Chapter 26

Mitchi's POV

I went and stood beside Natalia as we watched Perrie and Jade. You couldn't really hear what they were saying but it was clear that it was Perrie feeling unsure or upset. "What's wrong with Pezza?" I asked as I  snuggled into her side. I smiled when she wrapped an arm around me. Right now, this was just the way our friendship was without the feelings mixing in with it.

I bumped my nose against her collar bone and she pulled me into her. "I think it's just one of those days for Pez, wouldn't worry about it Coco!" She lied right through her teeth. Don't get me wrong, it was easily said and she had no tells to show she was lying, but I know her better than anyone, and she was lying. You could tell by the way she subtly grazed her teeth over her bottom lip.

"Ok, well, let's leave them to their own devices!" I said as we watched them kiss. Natalia nodded before pulling away from us. I passed her the ball and we just dribbled around the court for a bit to cool ourselves down. The sun was beating down on us and Natalia was strating to burn with the sunscreen coming off because of her sweating skin. Even after playing a game of Basketball she still looked beautiful, but she's always been beautiful to me.

"Your skin is red!" I sing as i walked passed her; brushing my lips against the shell of her ear. I smirked when she tensed before quickly joining me. "My skin is red!" "Coz she was laying too long on a sunbed!" I finished and we burst out laughing as we got to the girls cuddling happily on the decking. 

"Hey Matie! Get your own song!" Perrie said and we both froze. "What did you just call us?" Natalia asked and Perrie furrowed her eyebrows. "Matie, just like i used to, why?" She asked confused but i just smiled at her before dragging Natalia with me. "Nothing Perbear its fine!" I called out to her and quickly pulled Natalia to the pool where it'd be coolest.

We sat by the pool and took our socks and shoes off. we dipped our feet into the water and slightly splashed it while the water cooled down our rising body temperatures. "Haven't heard that name in a while have you?" I asked her and she shook her head. This wasnt the Natalia i knew. The Natalia i knew was a gobby, badass 14 year old that got suspended from school and asked me to help her with her punishment exercises that she came back with everyday.

This was not the girl that used to smirked and make  joke about everything and didn't take responsibility for anything she caused. This isn't the girl that got me to sign her behavioural timetable so her family wouldn't catch how low her scares were. And this isn't the girl that owned my heart all those years ago. And yet, my heart still belonged to her. It was still locked away in her chest for safe keeping. Now im just waiting for the awful day when she gives it back to me to make space for someone else.

Natalia's POV

While sitting with Mitchi my heart was racing in my chest. I knew something was wrong, i knew by the way she played with the ring on her right hand; twirling it around her finger while letting out a breath every time it made a circuit successfully. "I remember right, that we were sitting in Pezza's living room watching a movie because you couldn't go to school yet, and we just sat there talking!" She giggled and i smiled. "I wanted to get out of the wheelchair so badly but nobody would let me out because my back wasn't strong enough!" I smiled at the time when she looked over at me with those Bambi like eyes. "I begged to get out of that chair everyday!" I said and she nodded smiling. "And i couldn't stand you being in a sate of uselessness while in it so i grabbed your hands and helped you stand!" She whispered and i grabbed her hand in mine; stroking my thumn over her knuckles as i thought about it.

****FLASHBACK****

I was so annoyed about having to stay in my wheelchair. I damaged my back, not my fucking legs! "Perrie just let me get out of it!" I whined as she stood by the door with Emily. "Baby you know you're not allowed out!" Mam said and i groaned angrily. "I don't care!" I spat and rubbed my hands over my face. "It's for your own good!" She said and i laughed bitterly. "Those doctors don't know fuck all!" I spat  and put my hands on the side of the wheelchair before pushing myself up. Pain ricochet through me but i carried on. As my toes hit the floor i was picked up and twirled around by Perrie.