Chapter 17

Mia POV:

David and Jack had no issue moving locations.  We packed all our things and decided to leave at the crack of dawn to avoid running into Nathan.  Jack wasn't too happy about that since he came home at the crack of dawn, but he understood.  We went to Benny's house first and got settled in.  Then by 10am I left to pick Ethan up.  Gary was sad that I wanted to get him so early, but understood.  Luckily Lois wasn't there when I got Ethan.  Ethan did have a lot of fun with Gary and said Ms. Lois was only around for dinner and left early so didn't have breakfast with them. 

When we got to Benny's house Ethan was in awe.  He thought it was a resort not someone's house.  Benny also invited us to a BBQ at the estate that they have every year.  I was hesitant about bringing Ethan, but he assured me that there would be lots of kids and he understood how I felt about introducing my son to him and he was fine about staying away.  But I thought that would be rude so we agreed to just say he's a friend and leave out the part that we went on two dates. 

Benny left us s gulf cart to ride to the BBQ since the estate  was huge.  "Wow!  Mom look!"  I looked up and saw a huge inflatable slide, bounce houses, inflatable obstacles, ponies and more.  "Mom!  This is so cool!"  I chuckled,  "Yeah it is, and I heard they are having fireworks tonight too."  His eyes lit up.  "Really!  Can I stay up to watch.  Please!"  I chuckled.  "Of course Baby." 

We parked and headed towards the food.  I texted Benny and he said he was over there.  I spotted him immediately and smiled.  He smiled when he saw me too and waved me over,  "come on Ethan, I want you to meet a friend of mine."  Once he saw Benny he frowned.  Benny kneeled down to get eye level with Ethan. "Hey, you must be Ethan.  I'm Benny. It's nice to meet you."  My son rolled his eyes.  "We met before, remember old guy?"  I was shocked but amused and thankfully Benny just laughed it off.  "Yeah, you're right and hey, I'm not that old."  That made Ethan smile.  I mouthed a sorry and Benny just laughed it off not even phased. 

"I'd like you to meet my brother Christian and his wife Maria.  And this is my sister Ella and her fiancé Mathew.  Guys this is my friend Mia and her son Ethan."  We all said our hellos and talked a bit.  "Hey Ethan, this is my niece Abby.  She was about to head over to the bounce houses if you want to go too.  If it's okay with your mom of course."  Ethan looked up at me with his puppy dog eyes.  "Please mommy?"  Then Maria spoke up "the nanny will be with them at all times.  She'll keep an eye on him,  I promise."  I was a bit reluctant but nodded and said okay.  Ethan jumped up and down and thanked me and then ran off with Abby. 

We all grabbed some food and drinks and got to know each other.  Benny's phone rang and apparently it was an urgent business call he had to take.  He apologized but I waved him off saying it fine.  The guys all wandered off talking leaving me with Maria and Ella.  Ella spoke first.  "So, you and my brother huh?"  I slightly blushed,  "we're just friends."  She wiggles her eyebrows.  "Uh Huh."  I laughed it off.  "I'm serious."  "Whatever you say.  But you are the first female he ever brought to a party and he invited you here.  He never brings girls to any events or parties.  He must really like you."  Maria was nodding and agreed.  "We only met a week ago and had one date, well two if you count the event last night."  They both nodded and smiled. 

Next thing I know Benny walked over with an older couple.  "Mia, I want you to meet my parents.  This is   Bernard and Helen Arnault.  Mom, Dad, this is Mia Constantine."  I was surprised and a bit nervous but sucked it up.  I wish he would have warned me but then again that would have probably made me more nervous.  "It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Arnault."  Helen smiled and then surprised me with a hug.  "Please, call me Helen and I'm so happy to meet you.  Benny told me all about you.  I would love to meet your son Ethan as well."  I was surprised but relieved. 

We all talked and they were both so nice.  Ethan finally returned and I introduced him and Ethan thankfully was on his best behavior and as happy as can be.  He was having an amazing time.  Benny never left our side but kept it casual in front of Ethan which I was very grateful for.  I decided to head back to the guest house and catch the fireworks from there but Benny insisted on escorting us. 

When we got to the guest house the fireworks started.  Ethan was mesmerized.  Once it was done Ethan stuck his hand out to shake Benny's.  Benny looked at me with a smile and shook Ethan's hand.  "Thank you for inviting us.  I had a lot of fun and your not that bad.  Sorry for calling you an old guy."  He chuckled.  "Well thank you. And I'm glad you had fun."  Just then the front door opened and it was David.  "Hey buddy, lets get you ready for bed?  And I want to hear all about today."  Ethan smiled and nodded and David looks at us and winked.  I shook my head.

"Thanks for coming today."  Benny looked nervous which is so weird considering who he is and how confident he usually is with other people.  "Thank you for inviting us.  I had an amazing time and I know Ethan did to."  I walked closer and gave him a hug.  He held onto me tightly and before I knew it he kissed me.  It was a gentle, sweet kiss, but once I returned the kiss it deepened.  Before I new it we were full on make out session. My hand was wrapped in his hair and he held onto my head with one hand and the other around my waist.  When we finally broke apart we were both out of breath. 

"Good night Mia."  I couldn't even speak so I just nodded.  He smiled and got into the gulf cart and drove away.  I touched my lips and smiled.  Damn, he was a really good kisser.  I know it's been a long time, but I don't ever remember it being like that.  Not even with Nathan. 

I got inside and David and Jack were standing there with a smirk on their faces.  "What?"  The smirks turned into smiles then David said.  "You little slut.  Making out on the front porch like a horny teenager."  I smacked his arm but couldn't hold back my smile.  "Shut up!  Ethan might hear you."  "Nah, he's out cold.  He could barely keep his eyes open when he was brushing his teeth, now spill, tell me everything."

I spent the next hour telling David and Jack about the entire day.  "Damn, he sounds amazing.  I mean you hit the jackpot.  He's gorgeous, sweet, filthy rich and a gentleman. He's like the perfect man."  I couldn't help but agree.  "I think he's too perfect,  and out of anyone he could be with, Why me? And I have a kid too."  Both the guys glared at me.  "Mia, you are gorgeous, smart, successful, sincere and good hearted.  Any man would be stupid not to fall in love with you."  I rolled my eyes.  "He not in love with me."  They both shook there heads.  "Oh yes he is hunny, look here." 

They showed me all the stuff they found online about Benny.  The guy is a saint.  He's a huge advocate for so many charities, he's not a playboy.  And his sister was right, not once has he ever brought a date to any event.  There's not even one tabloid photo of him ever even being on a date.  How is that possible.  I read some interviews where they asked him about it and he simply said he keeps his private life private and the only way he will bring a date anywhere in the public eye is if that woman is going to be his wife. 

I looked at David and Jack who were both smiling like the Cheshire Cat.  "Told you so."  And jack nodded.  "We barely even know each other." They shrugged.  "Oh honey, haven't you ever heard of love at first sight?"  Love?  No way.  I've only been in love once and had my heart broken over and over again.  Am I ready for something serious?  I mean it's not like Nathan wants me, maybe as his little secret side piece while he marries Bianca.  Screw Nathan, why am I even thinking about him when I have this perfect amazing man right in front of me.