Chapter 15

Mia POV:

After I stormed away from Nathan I went straight to David's room.  I didn't even knock, just stormed in and started pacing. David sat on his bed with an amused look on his face.  "Okay, What did he do this time?"  I stopped and threw my hands into the air.  "He is ridiculous and so damn infuriating!"  David just chuckled and I glared at him.  "This is not funny!"  He just nodded.  And I threw myself into his bed.  "Alright, tell me what he did."  And I told him. 

"You are right Mia, he's a jerk.  He could have reached out to you while you were pregnant.  But maybe he didn't want to get attached to the baby during your pregnancy.  He was told you were giving Ethan up for adoption."  I couldn't believe it,  "Are you actually taking his side?"  He shook his head no,  "I'm not taking anyone's side.  I'm just pointing out his point of view."  I just rolled my eyes. 

"Uh uh. Don't roll your eyes at me.  Look, Nathan is an idiot,  what he did to you was awful.  But."  I stopped him right there.  "No buts.  He had his chance.  He could have reached out to me.  He had 9 months!  He's 6 years too late now."  David sighed.  I know he wanted to say more but he also knows I'm upset and when I'm upset there is no changing my mind.  "Fine, you're right.  Let's go back to talking about your date shall we?"  This is why I love David. He knows me so well and he knows when to change the subject,  I told him about the rest of the date and how I really did have a good time.  Before I knew it I fell asleep cuddled up to David. 

The next morning I got up early and decided we should go out for breakfast.  I took a quick shower, put on a bathing suit and a summer dress.  Then I woke Ethan up and got him ready as well.  I told David and Jack to do their own thing.  I wanted to spend my morning and afternoon with just me and my son before I dropped him off with Gary and Lois. 

Our day was perfect.  We had breakfast and then did a little shopping.  I found a perfect dress for the white party tonight.  Then we went to the beach and had ice cream before we headed back to the mansion.  Once we got back we showered and I packed Ethan's bag with all his necessities and a few extra things just incase.  I gave him his cell phone and told him to call me anytime if anything happens or even if he just wants to talk to me.  "Baby, if you feel uncomfortable at anytime or if you want me to pick you up at any point you call me.  Okay?"  He nodded.  "Okay mommy.  But I'm excited, this will be my first sleep over.  Do you think Mr. Gary brought the train set?"  I just smiled.  "I wouldn't be surprised."  His smile grew wide and he clapped. 

David asked if I wanted him to come with me, but I said no.  We got in my SUV and headed to Gary's house.  It was a quick ride.  I went over the rules with Ethan and made sure he promised to be on his best behavior.  We pulled up and I grabbed Ethan's stuff and we knocked on the door.  A butler answered.  "Hi, I'm Mia Constantine and my son Ethan.  Mr. and Mrs. Williams are expecting us." He nodded and smiles. "Yes please come in and let me grab Master Ethan's things from you." I gave him a nod and handed the stuff over, "Mr. Williams apologies, he is running a little late from a golf game but should be here shortly. Mrs. Williams is in the parlor. Please follow me."

I wanted to roll my eyes but smiled instead. I held Ethan's hand and we followed him. Once we got there I was surprised Lois was not alone. "Oh Mia, I must have lost track of time. Is it 5 already." She let out a fake chuckle. "If it's an inconvenient time I could always come back." She just waved me off. "No no, of course not. Oh where are my manors. Mia let me introduce you to Bianca Worthington, Nathan's Fiancé." When she said Fiancé I felt like I was smacked across the face. I saw the smirk on Lois's face and Bianca. "Oh Lois, stop it. You know it won't be official until next week at our engagement party." Then she laughed. "Oh don't be silly sweetie, and call me Mom." I wanted to cry and run away but Ethan was right next to me. So I did what I had to do. I took a deep breath, plastered a smile on my face and said. "It's lovely to meet you Bianca and congratulations."

"Thank you Mary. That's so sweet of you. And who's this little guy?" She had a fake smile. "It's Mia actually and this is my son Ethan. Ethan say hello." He rolled his eyes so I gave him that look saying don't be rude. He sighed. "Hello, I'm Ethan Constantine. It's nice to meet you." I gave him a smile and nodded. "Well, aren't you just adorable." Just then we heard the front door and footsteps. Then Gary walked in and smiled when he saw Ethan.

"There's my little man. I've missed you kiddo." He gave Ethan a big hug and Ethan started giggling. "Hi Mr. Gary. Did you bring the train set?" Gary chuckled and was about to reply when Lois cleared her throat to get his attention. He looked up and when he saw Bianca he frowned. "Bianca, What are you doing here?" "Gary, don't be rude. And we were just finishing up some details for Bianca and Nathan's engagement party next week." Gary took a deep breath and looked at me and I could see the apology in his eyes. I just gave him a small smile saying it's fine.

"Well, I should get going. Nathan and I are heading to an event tonight and I need to get ready. I'll see you soon Mom. It was so great meeting you too Mary." Before I could reply Ethan did. "My mommies name is Mia, not Mary. It's not that hard to remember." I nudged Ethan but couldn't hold back the smile. Bianca just rolled her eyes and said "whatever" under her breath. Lois looked livid with Ethan's outburst. "Let me walk you out dear. Then she glared at me and Ethan."

Gary sighed. "I am so sorry Mia. I had no idea she would be here." I just shook my head. "It's fine. No big deal." "Look, it's not what you think. Nathan will explain." I raised my hand to stop him. "There is nothing to explain. Really. Anyways, the butler took Ethan's things and Ethan has his cellphone so he can call me anytime. If there is any problem or you need me to pick him up I'm just a phone call away. Thank you again for letting him stay over tonight." "Mia..." "I just smiled. "Thanks. I really appreciate it."

Then I kneeled down. "Baby, you be on your best behavior and listen to Mr. Gary. I'll call you before bedtime to say goodnight. I love you." I hugged him and gave him a kiss. "Love you too mommy and I promise I'll be good." With that I grabbed my bag and walked towards the door hoping to avoid Lois. Guess I wasn't so lucky. "Leaving already Mia?" I stopped giving her a fake smile. "Yes, thanks again for letting Ethan stay over." "Well of course, he is my gra....." but she was unable to finish because Gary stopped her and gave her a deadly look. "It's our pleasure Mia, don't worry. Ethan is in good hands. We're gonna have lots of fun, right buddy?" And Ethan nodded and smiled.

With that I walked out. Once I got into my car I felt the silent tears roll down my face. I'm such an idiot. Nathan told me him and Bianca were nothing and never dated, yet they are engaged. I'm so stupid. I took a deep breath and wiped the tears from my eyes. I refuse to cry over that jerk again. I drove  back to his mansion and groaned. I really don't want to stay here for another three days. I let out a sigh. Maybe I'll just cut the trip early and leave tomorrow instead of Monday. But I know Ethan would be heartbroken. Maybe I can find somewhere else to stay. But everything is booked.

I parked my car and walked inside only to see Nathan with a smile on his face when he saw me. "Hey, where's Ethan?" I just rolled my eyes and walked past him but he grabbed my wrist and turned me around. "What's the matter?" I pulled my hand away. "Don't touch me!" He looked taken back. If this is about last night, I'm sorry." I chuckled.  "You are unbelievable, you know that?"  He looks confused.  "Don't play stupid Nathan.  You're a liar.  Everything you said yesterday was bullshit."

He still looked confused.  "What are you talking about Mia?"  I shook my head.  "Just leave me and my son alone Nathan."  His jaw clenched, he was mad now.  "Mia..." but I stopped him.  "I need to get ready and you should go see your Fiancé Bianca."  His eyes got wide and realization showed in his face.  "Mia, it's not what you think." 

"Stop Nathan.  Just stop.  I don't want to hear anything you have to say.  We're leaving tomorrow!  I'm done!  Just leave me the hell alone."  He tried to grab my arm but I pulled away and ran up the stairs into my room.  I locked the door and slid down holding back the tears.  Then I heard the banging on my door.  "Mia, open up!  Let me explain!  Please!"  Then I heard David.  I couldn't make out what they were saying.  Then I heard someone punch the wall. 

Then the soft knock came.  "Babe, it's me.  He's gone."  I got up and opened the door.  David looked at my bloodshot eyes and few tears and sighed.  He came in and locked the door.  "What happened?"  I just shook my head and hugged him and started sobbing."