Chapter 4

Nathan POV:

"It's beautiful like you." I whispered into Mia's ear. "What do you want?" Her tone was cold, not like the Mia I remember who was so warm. "Just making bids like you." She rolled her eyes and started walking away. "Mia, wait." I wrapped my hand around her wrist pulling her back. "What do you want Nathan?" She barely got the words out with just a whisper. "I just wanted to say hi, and see how you are doing. It's been a long time." She scoffed. "I'm great, now can you let me go?" She looked down at my hand still holding her wrist.

I should let her go, but seeing her after all these years brought a light back inside me. "Mia, it's been years. Can't we just talk like civil adults?" She pulled her wrist out of my hand. "There's really nothing to talk about Nathan. Now if you'll excuse me." She was about to walk away when I said "Just as stubborn as always." She quickly turned around. "Excuse me? Stubborn? Are you serious?" I couldn't help but laugh. "What is so funny?" She said with her hands on her hips. "I was wrong, you still are the same." I came over closer and then whispered into her ear "I've missed you Mia. You're even more beautiful then ever." She pulled away and glared. "Good bye Nathan!" I raised my glass at her "till we meet again babe!"

I decided to bid on that necklace that Mia was eyeing. I don't know why, but I wanted it for her. I looked down to see her bid, figuring she could never win it and I was shocked to see her bid 750k. Where the hell did she get that kind of money? I never hear about her in the media and this is the first time I've seen her at an event. Does she have some kind of sugar daddy or something now. I didn't see a ring on her finger. Before I could finish my thoughts. I felt an arm placed on my chest.

"Yes Bianca?" She smiled at me. "I'm getting bored babe." She pouted like a child. "I told you not to call me babe!" I snipped at her. "Whatever Nathan, can we go yet?" I shook my head. "This is my mother's event, we can't just leave." Before I could say anything else my parents walked over. "Hello Bianca, don't you look just stunning." She smiled that fake smile. "Hello Mrs. Williams. This event is amazing. I was just talking to Nathan about what an extraordinary job you did." My mom bought right into it. "Oh thank you sweetie, and I already told you just call me Lois or Mom." My head popped up. "Mom!" She just chuckled. "What sweetie, she'll be calling me mom one day anyway. You two are perfect for each other."

I looked over at my dad who was looking away not saying a word. He's been so different towards me since the issue in college with Mia. I don't understand since I did what he asked. "Nathan, let's get a drink and let the ladies talk." I was relieved. Before I walked away Bianca wrapped her claws on my arms. "Don't be too long babe." I gritted my teeth. I hate when she calls me babe. Only Mia called me babe and I won't let anyone else call me that. I pulled my arm away and didn't even give her a second glance.

My dad and I ordered our drinks. "Son, what's going on with you and Bianca?" I was confused. "Nothing, I only brought her cause mom begged me to, since it was her event I felt bad to say no." He shook his head. "This isn't the first time you brought her to an event." He said a matter factly. "Like I said, it's only because of mom. There's nothing going on between Bianca and I." He sighed. "Well, that's not what your mother thinks. You're a grown man, if you don't want that girl, cut her loose now before you make a stupid mistake and get stuck with her!" I was surprised by his statement and the cold tone.

I took a sip of my drink and then spotted Mia. She was on the dance floor. She looked so elegant and she was laughing like she was having the time of her life. Who was she with. "Son! Did you hear me?" I shook my head. "Sorry, what were you saying?" He looked over to where I was staring and almost choked on his drink. "What is she doing here? Does your mother know?" I shrugged my shoulders. "Couldn't answer that."