Chaptwr 22

Mia POV:

It's been 6 blissful weeks. Benny is amazing, Ethan adores him. Even David and Jack approve. It feels unreal. We have dinner at his parents house every Sunday which I love, Helen and Bernard or the ones in his circle call him Bernie, absolutely adore Ethan and treat him like their own. Ethan and Abby are the bestest of friends even though she's two years older. Benny's family have taken us in as their own.

It was Friday when an envelope I had to sign for came by carrier. I wasn't expecting anything. So when I saw it was from the court house I was shocked. Then I read it. Nathan put in a petition for custody of Ethan. After looking over the evidence the judge approved the petition and it's going to court. Are you kidding me!!! I can't believe he would do this. I instantly called Benny. Usually it would be David, but me and Benny have grown so close. I know he'll know what to do.

"Hey love." I croaked out "Benny" instantly he knew. "What's the matter? What happen. Actually hold on, alex, cancel the rest of my day. It's an emergency. Okay, love, I'm on my way. Everything will be okay. It's not Ethan is it? Is he okay. Tell me he's okay. Shit, owe, damn door." I couldn't help but laugh. "It's not Ethan. Well, it's about him. Ethan's Sperm donor filed for custody. I just got the petition and a court date." I heard him mumble that mother fucker. "Everything will be fine love. He signed over his rights. No judge will ignore that. I have the best lawyers in this country, he won't come near our son. Do you hear me?" I nodded. Not even thinking he can't see me. "I'll be there in 10 - 15 minutes. Let me make some calls. I love you." "I love you too."

2 min later Benny texted that there is a horrible traffic jam but he's right by his lawyers office so he is gonna take a detour. He asked me to fax all the paperwork over. Then my secretary buzzed in. "Mia, Mr. Williams is here."  I sighed, I like Gary, but right now is not the right time.  But gotta be a big girl.  "Send him in."

I watched the door open and in walked in Nathan, not Gary.  He shut the door and instantly got out of my chair, "what the fuck do you think you are doing here?"  He held his hand up.  "I made an appointment." I gritted my teeth.  "As Mr. Williams, not Nathan Williams."  He let a breath out.  "Please Mia, give me 15 minutes.  I need to explain and then you can kick me out,  just give me 15 minutes.  Please."  I know I shouldn't, but I just wanted to get this over with.  "Fine."  I sat down and he sat across from me.

"First, I love you.  I've always loved you and I haven't stopped."  I just rolled my eyes.  "Okay so this past 5 weeks have been difficult."  He told me all about what happened to Bianca and how he is holding off on the DNA test because of the complication in her pregnancy. "Baby, I love you.  I want to be with you and Ethan.  I just need 4-5 months.  I just need a little more time.  I need to make sure Bianca and the baby are okay and then we can be a family.  You waited 6 years.  What's another few months?  And then this nightmare will be all over.  We can be together.  The family we were always meant to be.  I know how understanding you are, you get why we have to wait,  right babe?" 

He's serious right now?  I can't believe I ever thought I loved him,  infatuation, maybe, but love?  I sighed and sat back in my chair very calm.  "Nathan, do you hear yourself?"  He looked confused.  Okay need to dumb it down,  "Nathan, six years ago, when I told you I was pregnant you asked me to abort, then you dumped me and kicked me out."  He looked down, full of shame.  "I know, I screwed up.  But I'm gonna make it all better.  Don't you see?"  I shook my head.  "No, what I see is you putting someone else above me and your son.  You being so selfish you think thats okay."  He suddenly stood up.

"Mia!  This is different.  She could die and so could that baby!  I have to be there for them!"  And I just smiled.  "Exactly, you are putting them above me and Ethan.  I don't want that in my life.  My son doesn't need that in his.  I don't ever want him to be put into second place of importance like you are doing to me right now."  He shook his head frantically.  "It's not like that, and you know it.  I'm choosing you and Ethan.  I just need time.  You're twisting this.  Bianca needs me right now.  You can wait a few months.  You guys are fine!"