Chapter 14

Nathan POV:

Stupid me. I agreed to take Bianca to dinner. I took my fathers advice and decided to talk to Bianca in public, hoping she wouldn't make a scene. Once we got to the restaurant she instantly wrapped her arms around mine which made me shiver in disgust. I think she took it the wrong way and gave me a devilish smile.

Once we sat she started talking about our future. She wants me at every doctors appointment and wants to move in immediately. She also wants a personal maid and cook and wants to start looking at homes. Then she went on about nannies and some other things that I stopped paying attention to. "Are you even listening to me Nathan?" She screeched.

I looked up but instead of looking at her I spotted my girl. There was Mia and she was laughing. God I miss her laugh. Then I saw the person who made her laugh. Benjamin, that asshole. You've got to be kidding me. I couldn't pay attention to anything Bianca said, I was watching her, my girl, the woman I love until they got up to leave.

She finally looked at me. I know she saw me, but she looked away like she could care less that she saw me. That only made me more upset. But then Bianca pulled me out of my rage. "Are you even listening to me!" She called out.

"No, I'm not. Look Bianca. I'm in love with a another woman. I'm sorry if you thought I was ever interested. I assumed you realized I was just doing my mother a favor the three times we went to events. Look, if this kid is mine, I'll be a father figure, but that's all. I'm not interested in anything else."

She looked up at me with shock then came the crocodile tears. There weren't even any tears just her fake sobbing. "How could you do this to me and your child." I rolled my eyes. "First of all, we don't even know if this child is really mine. Let's be honest. I'm trying to be nice here. Can we come to some sort of compromise?"

She instantly wiped away the non existent tears and looked up. "Okay, we get engaged. You play nice, the good fiancé. Then after the baby arrives we split up before the wedding. We will split up mutually on good terms. Deal?" I was shell shocked and instantly shook my head.

"I can't do that." She just smiled. "Oh, but you will.  If not, I'll drag your little love interest through the mud and trust me I know how to play dirty.  She'll be considered a gold digging home wrecker."  I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.  What did my mom get me involved with.  "I need one week."  She just smirked triumphantly.  "Fine, one week and end your little fling." 

After that I dropped Bianca at her parents.  I was silent the entire drive while she went on and on about who knows what.   She tried to get me to come inside with her for a little fun as she put it but I just ignored her, too deep in thought of how I will fix this situation.  I was still in a daze when I got to my house. 

I walked in and instantly heard Mia talking to someone.  She was laughing, god her laugh instantly put a smile on my face.  That's what I want to come home to for the rest of my life.  I followed the sound and spotted her with David in the kitchen.  I tried to hide and just listen but I noticed her body go ridged instantly.  It's like her body could sense my presence and she quickly turned to face me. 

"Oh, hi.  Uhh, are you alone?"  I raised my eyebrow and then realized she thought I would bring Bianca here.  I guess I can't blame her.   I nodded. "I am, are you?"  She just rolled her eyes.  Before she could give me the sly comment I knew was coming David cleared his throat.  "Alright children.  Time for bed."  Mia instantly smacked his chest which made me laugh. 

"You two are still the same."  David shrugged but Mia just shook her head.  "Come on David, lets go to bed."  David walked first and I grabbed Mia's arm as she was passing,  "Can we talk for a minute.  Alone?"  She looked over at David and he gave her a look.  It's like they were talking to each other silently and Mia finally gave in,  "Fine, five minutes." 

I walked her outside into the backyard.  "You want something to drink?"  She shook her head no and walked down the deck and towards the beach which I quickly followed.  We walked side by side till we reached the shore right where the waves were crashing. 

"You wanted to talk?"  She said with no emotion. 

I just sighed.  "Yeah, look, me and Bianca are not together.  Never have been and never will be.  She's a friend of the families daughter.  I was just being polite and took her out to dinner."

She scoffed,  "you've been polite for some time with her.  I've seen pictures of the two of you in tabloids before." 

I couldn't help but smile.  She's been following me,  I probably shouldn't smile since my reputation isn't good, but the fact that she's been following me means she still cares.  "I've only taken her to three charity events in two years.  Each time was only a favor to my mom.  Me and Bianca have never even been out to dinner as friends, well except tonight." 

She shook her head.  "How convenient.  You decide to take her out on a friendly dinner while I'm staying here?"  The look she gave me almost broke me.  She was testing me and challenging me at the same time.  Damn this woman was something else.

"What about you?  On a date with dear old Benjamin while you're a guest in my home?"  I probably should have shut my mouth.  I could see the fury in her eyes.  "Excuse me?  I paid good money at a charity event and won this vacation in the auction!  You should have never been here!  I'm not stupid!  I know the realtor called you ahead of time with the confusion in dates.  Don't try and play stupid!" 

Damn, she's so smart and intuitive.  I should have know she figured it especially with Ethan's room set up for him.  I just looked down sheepishly.  I looked back up and here eyes were wide.  "You did plan this.   You're unbelievable!  I should pack up and leave right now."  She started storming off but I grabbed her arm.

"Let me go Nathan!"  I pulled her closer and wrapped my arms around her waist.  "I can't do that.  Look I'm sorry.  I swear I didn't plan it out, but you are right.  I found out about the double booking a few days before you were to arrive.  I swear I didn't know it was you who won the stay.  I tried to find you other accommodations but everything was booked.  That's when I asked for your info and found out it was you staying so I offered to let you and your guests stay."

She just shook her head.  "You're unbelievable!  You never gave me the option because you knew I would say no!  You know I don't want you around my son!"

That's when I snapped.  "Our son!  Not just yours!  He's my son as well and you kept him away all this time!" 

Suddenly I felt a slap on my cheek.  "Screw you Nathan.  He stopped being your son the moment you asked me to get rid of him!  You signed over your rights.  I never forced you!  You never wanted him!  If you truly did you would have looked for him even if you thought I gave him up for adoption.  I was still pregnant for nine damn months and you never reached out.  You were too busy screwing anything with a vagina!" 

Then she stormed off and I just stood there at a loss of words.  What the hell could I say.  She's right, I walked away, no I pushed her away.  I had nine months to realize my mistake but instead I drank myself into an oblivion.  I left her on her own to deal with everything.