Chapter 13

Mia POV:

As I was getting ready David walked into my room, "well damn, don't you look good?" I just rolled my eyes and went back to finishing my hair. David jumped on my bed. "So, Benny is a hot thing. You going to finally get some tonight?" My mouth dropped. "Asshole, no! It's just dinner. I barely know him." He nodded then he said what we were both thinking. "What about Nathan?" I exhaled. "Nathan hasn't been around for 6 years, I'm not going to drop everything just because he now decided he wants to be a dad or in my life. I closed that chapter a long time ago."

David was silent which is rare. "You still love him. And before you speak remember who was there while you were pregnant as you cried yourself to sleep. And even after Ethan was born, you were a mess."

I took a deep breath. "That was still years ago. I've moved on. I've dated." He laughed. "Yeah the handful of dates which never lasted more then one date. Mind you the hundreds probably thousands of dates you could have had but refused."

I closed my eyes. Yes I was picky, but I have a child. I had to be picky right? It has nothing to do with Nathan. I mean, maybe I used him as a comparison which was unfair. But, I just have high standards. Right? That's all. "Okay, I'll give Benny a chance. A real chance. Happy now?"

David's face lit up. "Finally! You need to get laid! You've only had sex with Nathan and I refuse to even let you consider going back to him until you play the field at least one time. You need someone to compare Nathan too. You may think he's so great in bed but you have no one to compare him too."

I shrieked. "Pervert! God!" He just laughed at me and I was beat red. So what if I haven't had sex with another guy. I was with Nathan for over a year before I had sexual with him. Even if I am older and have a kid doesn't mean I'm just going to sleep with any guy that's interested.

Before I could say anything I got a text.

Benny: hey gorgeous. Just wanted to confirm our date. I'll see you soon. Can't wait.

Mia: See you soon.

I took a deep breath. David jumped off the bed and looked at my phone.

"Hey, just relax and keep an open mind. If there is no attraction then so be it, but don't let the thought of Nathan ruin your chance of letting this guy in. Just promise to keep an open mind?"

I just nodded. I grabbed my bag and headed towards Ethan's room to say good bye. "Hey kiddo, mommy's leaving. I'll call you at 9pm to say good night."

Ethan was pretty much ignoring me, "okay Mom, love ya." Then he went back to the LEGO set that he was engrossed in. "David, call me if.....". But he stopped me. "Relax, just go out and have some fun. Ethan and I will be fine." I just nodded and waved goodbye.

I pulled up to the restaurant and I was glad they had valet parking. I was a bit nervous but pushed it away. I'm going to listen to David, Nathan may be back around but that doesn't mean anything. I've sadly followed him online and I've seen the different women he has been with for the last 6 years. He never even gave me a second thought. Why should I give him a thought.

I walked in and told the hostess who I was meeting and she walked me over to Benny who was waiting. Benny instantly stood up and I gave him a hug, "you look beautiful." I gave him a shy smile and said thank you. He pulled out my chair for me like a true gentleman.

"Hope you don't mind. I already ordered the food. If you don't like it we can order something else." He seemed nervous and it was endearing. "I'm not a picky eater so I'm sure it will be fine." He smiled at me with a nod then grabbed my wine glass and poured me a glass.

We started talking and surprisingly our conversation was easy and fluent. He was a breath of fresh air, super easy going. The food was delicious, he seemed to have good taste. "So, I didn't know you have a son." I took a sip of my wine, "please don't take this the wrong way, but you should have never met him. I keep my private life private and I've never introduced my son to a man I was dating. I don't want him to get attached."

He gave me a sincere smile. "I agree with you. My mom was married 4 times and dated quite a bit and sadly never hid her affairs even while married and cheating. It's refreshing to see what a dedicated mother you are and how much you look out for his well being." I nodded and gave him a small smile.

"This may be presumptuous, but can I ask about the father? Is he in the picture?" I shook my head. Just as I was about to speak I saw Nathan walking in with Bianca and her arms wrapped around him smiling and he smiled at her. You've got to be kidding. I should have known.

Benny cut me from my thoughts. "You don't need to talk about it if you don't want to." I waved my hand. "No, it's fine, the father is only a sperm donor in my eyes. He signed over rights when he found out I was pregnant." He looked shock about my confession.

"Wow, sorry to say but what an asshole." I couldn't help but laugh. "It's fine, I have an amazing support system and I wouldn't be where I am today if things were different." He nodded and gave me a genuine smile that reached his eyes.

"So, when do you need to be back?" I was surprised but couldn't hold back my smile. "I'm not in any rush." He nodded and asked for a check. "There's a great lounge just a block away. Maybe we can go for a nightcap?" I nodded "I'd like that."

As we were getting up to leave I stupidly looked over and saw Nathan. His eyes were on me and if looks could kill. I gave him a small smirk and wrapped my arm around Benny as he lead me out of the restaurant. We decided to walk since the lounge was only a block away. While we were there we kept the conversation light. He seems like a nice guy. He never got handsy but still flirty slightly brushing his hand along my bare thigh and shoulder. But, I felt comfortable.

After we finished a brandy he walked me back to the valet and opened the door for me. "I had a really great time with you Mia, I hope we can do it again?" He almost seemed nervous asking. It was so cute and sincere. "I'd like that. You have my number." He chuckled. "That I do gorgeous. Drive safe." He gently closed my door and I pulled out and headed back to the house. I was smiling until the thought came into my mind. We are staying at Nathan's. What if he decides to bring Bianca back to the house. It's his house, but I'm not okay with that in front of Ethan.