Chapter 19

Mia POV:

I woke up with a smile on my face. The last few days were wonderful considering the heartache Nathan put me through. But, Benny made it better. He's not what I expected. He's sincere, kind and down to earth. Even somewhat shy which I find endearing since it only seems to be with me. As I was getting out of bed my phone dinged.

Benny: Morning Beautiful. Any plans for today?

Mia: probably just a beach day. We're planning on heading back early to try and avoid the traffic.

Benny: What if I have a proposition for you?

Mia: And what kind of proposition is this exactly? This better not be dirty. 😯

Benny: Definitely not. We'll maybe a little dirty.

Is he for real right now.....

Benny: get your mind out of the gutters. I was thinking breakfast. Hopefully with Ethan and your friends? And then how about horseback riding? Has Ethan ever been? We have a stable on the property. I'm taking my niece too.

Benny: and before you overthink. I understand about keeping quite about our dates in front of Ethan. And I respect that. We'll call it a play date since my niece is coming?

Damn, he's good. I do feel weird he met Ethan. But Ethan seems to like him. And he's never been horseback riding. It really would be an amazing ending to this weekend for him.

Mia: okay. 😊

With that I took a quick shower. I put on some jeans and sneakers since we are going horseback riding. Glad I packed some incase it got cold at night. When I went to wake up Ethan he was already up and dressed in a bathing suit. "Mommy, you said we can go to the beach for a little before we leave. Why are you wearing jeans?" I smirked. "I may have a surprise for you, but I don't know if you'll like it." He seemed unsure. "What kind of surprise?" "Well, my friend Benny is taking his niece Abby horseback riding and wanted to know if we'd like to go?"  His eyes bulged out of his head.  "Are you serious?  I can ride a real horse!"  I just nodded as he jumped up and down in excitement.  "This is going to be so cool!! Do I need to wear jeans like you?  Are the horses nice?  How big are they?"  I stopped him before he can ask 101 questions.  "Yes to the jeans and sneakers.  And why don't you save the questions for Benny since they're his horses?  We're gonna have breakfast with them and then head out to the stables where they keep the horses." He nodded and rushed to his suitcase to find jeans. 

I walked out of his room to find David and Jack. They were already in the kitchen with coffee made, "morning boys". They just nodded. "So, you guys mind if we all have breakfast with Benny?" That got their attention, "Really? Wow, what is that four dates in a row now? Someone is sure moving fast." I smacked his arm. "Shut up. Technically, one real date maybe two if you count the party. Yesterday was just a casual BBQ with friends." David raised his eyebrows. "And do all casual BBQs with friend end with being escorted home and making out on the porch?" My cheeks reddened, and I just looked away and shrugged.

Jack just smirked all knowingly. "I like the guy. He seems good for you, and he's great with Ethan. It's not fake either." I just shook my head. "Whatever, can you guys just stop. Ethan will be down any minute and in his eyes we are just friends. I want to keep it that way." Jack and David but nodded with those smirks. "Ready mom! Ready!" I nodded. "Okay, okay. Relax. The horses won't go anywhere." Then David and Jack looked confused. "Did you guys here? I get to ride a horse today! I real one!" They both eyed me and I just shrugged.