Chapter 5

Nathan POV:

God that woman is so infuriating! Why can't she just meet me for lunch.  And who is this guy Ethan that's so important to her?  I decided to call my private investigator.  "Hey Nathan!"  "Hey Brian, I need a favor."  He sighed "I need to know everything about Mia Constantine.  Every detail.  Especially who she's dating."  He got quiet.  "Nathan, I don't think...." I cut him off.  "Don't think, just get it done.  And keep this quiet.  Between us.  Got it?"  He finally agreed.  He said he could have all the info by late tonight. 

I waited patiently, but I was going out of my mind.  Then my doorbell rang.  I groaned when I saw my mom and Bianca at the door.  "Hello Mom, Bianca."  My mom hugged me and then said "is that anyway to greet your future wife?"  Bianca was smirking and I almost choked. "My what now?"  My mom smacked my arm and then walked in with Bianca following.  "Don't be coy with me son.  You have been courting Bianca for 2 years now.  She's not getting any younger and neither are you.  It's time to make it official!" 

I wanted to shoot myself,  I was about to speak when Bianca stopped me.  "Nathan, I've been so patient with you.  But I need a commitment and your mother agrees.  So we're here to plan our engagement party! I'm so excited."  I couldn't even comprehend what she just said.  This girl is seriously out of her mind.  I slept with her twice okay maybe three times but only cause I was drunk out of my mind.  I don't even remember.  The only reason I bring her to events is to please my mom, we aren't even dating.  I need to end this now. 

"Mom, can we talk in private?  Please?"  She looked at me confused.  "Babe, whatever you have to say to mom, you can say in front of me."  She purred which made my mom smile.  "Mom, please."  Then I looked at Bianca, "We'll be right back."  I walked my mom into my office and closed the door.  "Nathan, I know what you are going to say but Bianca is perfect for you!  She's well bred and comes from a good family.  It's time for you to settle down!"  I started laughing. 

"You actually think Bianca is good for me?  Did you know last night at the event all she did was complain and beg to leave.  She refused to mingle with any of my colleagues and then she got so drunk with her "well bred" friends that I had to have my bodyguard carry her into the car and take her home.  That's the kind of woman you want for me? She's nothing but an entitled gold digging trophy wife!"  My mom looked taken back, she was in shock. 

"Th..the..then why have you been courting her for the past two years?"  Is my mom really that blind.  "I haven't been courting her, I've never even taken her on a date.  I took her to the charity events that you begged me to take her too.  She's shown up at the office a few times uninvited and to my home which I've made her leave.  I don't want Bianca, I never did!"  My mom started crying.  "Mom, please don't cry." 

"You're 28 years old Nathan, I thought you were finally ready to settle down and give me grandkids."  Once she said that word my mind instantly went to Mia, we made a child.  But I have no idea where my child is.  When I asked my dad, he finally told me that she gave the child up for adoption according to the contract my parents made and that's why she needed me to sign over rights.  "Mom, I'm still young.  I've just been busy.  I'll find the right woman but you can't pressure me."  She finally stopped crying and nodded.  "Fine, but I want you to start dating.  You'll never find the right woman unless you put yourself out there!"  She told me sternly which I shook my head but agreed.  "Now, how do we get rid of her?"  My mom asked nervously. 

"Mom, you just go home and I'll take care of the She-devil I mean Bianca."  My mom chuckled but nodded.  She walked out of my study and didn't even glance at Bianca "sorry dear, I have an emergency with a charity event meeting that I need to attend to.  Bye."  And my mom exited.  Bianca walked over to me and wrapped her arms around my neck,  "now that she's gone, we can have some fun."  She purred and honestly it was nauseating.