Chapter Twenty Six

"What in the freaking fudge is going on, Ronin?"

An image of chocolate fudge floated my mind but shook it out of my head. Man, I need to teach my mind how to prioritize things. It's a mess. There were two men crowding the door behind Ronin. I'm assuming one of these called Ronin when we were about to finally hit a home run. I hissed at them and that must have weirded them out because they took several steps back from the door.

"Stop hissing at Hugo and Diego. Your seconds are going away. Start talking or this clown will stay this way."

I looked at Ben who was unconscious but had a smirk on his face. What the hell is he dreaming about? I will kill him if he is thinking about the foxtress.

"Okay. Just calm down everybody."

I look at Ronin looking surprisingly relaxed for someone whose life is in danger. Then I looked at Ben who couldn't be calmer than he is right now. Then I realize the only person who needs to calm down is me. I take a few deep breaths and let myself relax. Hugo and Diego walked back inside and stood like statues on either side of the door. I hate them the most right now.

I try my hardest not to hyperventilate. It's just a normal day, birds are singing, ben is unconscious, Ronin is about to die, no sex for me and obviously, I'm stuck in a mafia house. So normal.

He must have heard the commotion because Mr. Hiscock opened his door and casually walked further into the room with a skip in his step. His gaze dropped at Ben and didn't even blink at the unconscious load of crap. He saw Ronin and immediately a smile captured his lips. I felt warm and fuzzy when he hugged Ronin and for a second Ronin hugged him back. My man is not one for emotions but I like to see him smile now and then even if I'm not the reason why. He smiled for a second and he was back to being Batman.

The happy moment lasted for a minute before the front door was kicked open. It should have been dramatic and dangerous but sadly the door was unlocked. The man who kicked it open was lying on the floor. He was so muscly that it took him a while to stand back on his feet. Meanwhile, the rest of us just stared. Only I had the courtesy to move forward and ask him if he was alright. He grunted in response. So much for kindness.

I backed away from him and then as I looked behind him, the time stopped. An angel walked inside the room and I was drooling. Is it okay to have a crush on your boyfriend's mother? I don't know why but I curtsied or at least tried to.

"Why is your girlfriend failing at curtsying me, Ronin?"

Ronin pulled me up and circled his arm around my waist. He pushed me back against his chest and I stared at his mother. I couldn't stop myself. His lips brushed against my ears and I heard him saying "Don't do anything stupid". I gave him a nasty look not really appreciating him telling me not to do something. Hasn't he learned anything so far? I always do that if someone forbids me from doing it.

"Excuse me but I'm trying to save my boyfriend's life. You, my queen, I mean Mrs. Ronin, I mean Monica are not going to kill your son. That's the first NO-NO in any parenting book. Not that I've been reading any. I'm not pregnant. Ronin and I didn't even have sex. Well, we were about to but then he had to come here to die. Priorities, you know? Also, I'm really digging this whole white ensemble. Are these heels from Prada?"

She stared at me as if I was carrying a decapitated head in my hand. I saw Ronin roll his eyes and at one point his eyes went white. He was possessed for a second there. I'm sure I was too because I rambled everything that was on my mind.

"Shut up, Chey, please baby. I'm begging you."

Ronin looked like he was in physical pain. I could see it in his eyes that he was very close to losing it.