Chapter Sixteen

The moment our lips touched, we both pulled in a long breath through our noses, lungs sipping the air like it was the very first time we have felt this connection

The moment our lips touched, we both pulled in a long breath through our noses, lungs sipping the air like it was the very first time we have felt this connection. He was strong, his presence dominant even in something so tender as a kiss, his lips closing over mine, his tongue running across my bottom lip in his mouth, hand guiding my jaw to put my mouth where he wanted it. I loved how he took control of my mouth and possessed it like he has been starving for it.

There was no thought other than him as he filled my every sense, my brain, my body, my heart and my soul overloaded with only him, Ronin. And everything else was blissfully simple, without consequences or questions, no wondering or uncertainty. I don't know why we waited so long to have such a marvellous make out session.

He broke away, but I couldn't open my eyes and just stayed where I was with my head tilted up to his, lips parted. My heart still thundered in my chest and the goosebumps on my body spoke volumes about how he made me feel for a few minutes.

My lids weighed a thousand pounds but I pried them open to meet his gaze. "Wait, am I daydreaming?" I asked, not at all kidding. This is something that I would dream about. I really hope this is real otherwise I'm going to kill someone.

"No. I'm right here in front of you in the flesh so you are not dreaming about this."
Ronin replied sarcastically but not moving an inch away from me. The blissful moment was broken now and I checked around to see if Derek was standing somewhere in darkness but I saw no one.

"There is no Derek here so what is your excuse this time. Another urge to kiss someone or what--"

He kissed me again, this time deeper, his tongue brushing my lips that parted for him. My arms wound around his neck. He slipped his hand into the small of my back, flushing me against his waist. His arm was strong around me, his free hand in my hair, and my toes curled, my hands squeezing his back to bring him closer still. Our lips moved together, tongues circling each other, breaths shallow, hearts hammering.

I decided then that I could kiss Ronin forever. If I was being executed tonight, my last wish would be to have his lips on mine. It was intoxicating.

He broke away again, laying a small kiss on my lips, then my cheek as he cupped the back of my head and tucked me into his chest.

I was stunned to numb. What the hell was happening? Why is he hugging me like I am his night time teddy bear?

After-tremors of his kisses left me breathless, I took a few minutes to regain my ability to think. I pushed him away from me and my hands positioned themselves on my hips, my eyes narrowing at him, studying, observing his every move.

"Are you high?"
I asked him with all seriousness. If he was then I could take a sigh of relief because Ronin is not a mushy romantic guy who goes around tucking me against his perfect rippled abs. He's a badass. He doesn't do these kinds of stuff. It is so bad for his reputation. Right?

"Women"
He looked upward and shook his head in disbelief. His eyes glinted with the light and I find myself mesmerized by them again.

"I'm going to say this once and if your answer is no then I'm going to kill you."
His eyes turned a murderous grey and I gulped down a little already backing away from him.

Psycho. Total Psycho.

"What to do you want from me?"
I stuttered like a freaking terrified person which made the psycho smile at me in his pure evil glory. Yes. One of his rare smiles.

"Be my girlfriend."
My jaw was hanging right on the floor and I was damn sure that I was going to faint. He did not just declare that to me.

Out of everything, I didn't expect him to ask me, no, tell me this. But I found myself uttering the word which made me realize that I just made the world's best mistake or worst.

*******

Where do the good boys go to hideaway, hideaway?

Hello everyone.

I'm a lost cause so ignore me, please.

Thank-you.

Please read and share.