Chapter Twenty Four

It's not that the thought never crossed my mind when I met his mother but saying it out loud confirms it. I'm dating a mafia man. Oh my god.

"How many people have you killed, Ronin?"

I blurted out what was in my mind unconsciously. I dressed quickly to be ready to run.

"I lost count."

My eyes might have popped out of their sockets because man I was not ready for this answer. His expression was serious and my brain fused so did my sixth sense.

"I'm kidding. I know how to kill a person but it's not my hobby."

I released a sigh of breath which I choked on as he completed his sentence. In my mind, I was imagining a scenario where I'm introducing him to my parents like "Mom and Dad, my boyfriend, he knows how to kill people but don't worry it is not his hobby."

"What does your dad do then and why has your mom had him kidnapped? I'm confused."

I will admit that I love drama and all kinds of crazy stories but this seems illegal and scary. Shit is getting serious.

"I have no time to explain my whole life to you right now"

Ronin was completely dressed and was heading for the door but I placed myself between him and the door not letting him go without answering me.

I gave him the look. The look when your arms fold automatically, your stance changes, you start tapping your right foot, your neck push itself inside your face such that your chin disappears and then you narrow your eyes until you go blind or the only visible thing is the strap of your boyfriend's boxers.

"Bítch say what?"

I was giving him attitude at the worst time but I think we are past offending each other.

"Swearing at me? You should have majored in Drama? It is your thing. "

I agree but he doesn't need to know that.

"Down, boy. You are already on your second strike."

I stopped him by putting my hand on his chest and he tried to move again.

"Stay out of my family business and don't dare follow me. Make that the third strike."

He lightly slapped my hand away from his chest, circled his arms around my waist, gave me a mind-numbing kiss and was out of the door before I could come back to Earth.

Ronin has balls, not the real ones, metaphorically, I mean I'm sure he has those too not that I've seen it if the universe keeps playing a cruel game with me like this. I like him that he is honest and not afraid to offend me because it is better than having a cheating douchebag as your boyfriend. But I'm not going to let him get away with this so easily even it means I have to follow him to the tigress's lair.

I called Ben as soon as Ronin left. For the first time in his life, Ben answered within a few seconds.

"What now?"

"It is rude how you never call me and asks me how I'm doing?"

"I have seen your face all my life. I've known you all my life. If you are not doing well, you call me anyways. So spill, I don't have all day. I have a date."

"You are always late to your dates. I waited a day for you in that cafe that my parents called for a search party. All because of you, jerk. Be grateful I never spilled your name or you would have been in jail."

"Chey, we were SEVEN for god's sake. I'm sorry I forgot about our date and you camped outside the cafe like a lunatic that you are. I'm so glad I never dated you. Now tell me your deal or I'm hanging up!"