Chapter Six

I was ready for the first break-in of my life

I was ready for the first break-in of my life. I was first dressed in all black for extra cliché effect but then Ben told me the walls of their dorms are white and there are lights everywhere so I settled with my brother's extremely soft white shirt and my white mini tennis skirt because I didn't have any other clothes in white and I wanted to look good too.

Ben made a deal with me right on the spot when I told him I would do his assignments for the whole semester. I knew I got him on a weak spot and he couldn't resist giving in.

Ben is easily the most friendly guy in the campus. He used his connections and found out that Ronin lived alone despite it being a two people dorm room. We located his room on a rough sketch plan Ben drew.

Now, we were inside Boys dorm building. We knew he was on the second floor and the last room. Ben gave me a salute and went his way and I nodded my head at him. I quickly reached the last room and did a small victory dance before I opened the door.

Only the door didn't open. Well, I never thought about this. I sighed heavily and then pulled out a hairpin from my head and stuck it in the keyhole.

Yes. It was a perfect fit. I got into it by twisting and turning it around. I was concentrating on it so badly, my tongue a little out of my mouth sticking to one side of my upper lip. My leg almost propped on the sidewall to get a better angle.

"I think you need a key."
A voice said from behind me.

"If I had one why would I be breaking in?"
I replied to his silly question and started turning the pin again. Then a sudden wave of great realization passed over me making my body freeze.

I planted my leg back on the ground and then took the pinout of the keyhole. I had my tennis cap on so I looked down when I turned so he could not see my face.

"Sir, I was checking all the room's locks, checking if they are burglary free locks. Your room was the last room to check -so um- toodles."
I said in a heavy fake voice and started running out of here. But before I could take step any further, a hand was slapped over my mouth and I was dragged into the last room.

I knew better not to shout so I remained calm and he slowly released my mouth taking my tennis cap with him. I started checking out my nails to avoid confrontation.

"I'm going to ask you one time and you are going to answer me. What are you doing here, in my room?"
Ronin growled at me, he growled at me like a scary animal.

I made no move to look at him and answered.
"Well I was checking your lock, you are the one who dragged me here, I was just doing my job."
I knew better to tell him about what I planned on doing to him.

Air was sucked out of my lungs and I quickly looked up at those stormy eyes when he pushed me back to the wall, attaching himself to me. There was no gap between our bodies and I could feel his heartbeat against mine beating at the same pace.

I was feeling really funny and my insides were jumping. My eyes automatically focused on his red full lips. The only guy I know who could pull off red lips. His hand moved from my arm to my collarbone and stayed there.

My breath got caught in my throat at that action when he started swirling his finger around my collarbone making me almost moan. Derek used to give me butterflies. But Ronin spawned mutant pterodactyls in my stomach.

He was so close that I was thinking about kissing him and aborting my mission. But then his two fingers dipped in the hollow of my collarbone and stopped.

"My fingers are on your shoulder zone. Just right amount of pressure and I can crack that bone in your body which will affect your brain and soon you'll be making a trip to the mental hospital."
He said it so coldly. Why does he want to kill me so badly? Once again talking about all those zones. If he wants to kill me, he can do it like a normal killer, get the knife, dive it into my stomach and go on with his life. There is no need to break my bone and make me mental first.

Then without thinking, I said the three words.

****

How was it?

Ronin has to ruin the romantic air all the time