Chapter Twenty Eight

It's okay. I could handle this.

"Does he ever shut up?"

Ronin flashes me his annoying grey eyes as if everything that just happened didn't happen. It's amazing how guys could do that so easily. They just ignore the things that they did to piss off their girlfriends.

"No. I liked him better when he was on the floor unconscious."

Ben kicked the back of my seat like the child that he is.

"I'll tell this guy all about your childhood stories and he will reconsider dating you. Mark my words."

The smug look lasted on his face only for a second before I was onto him.

"I will kill you, BEN."

I turned and jumped at Ben. I caught his collar in my fist and yanked him back and forth continuously. My leg pressed against Ronin's arm and I was balancing myself between the seats. In less than a minute his arm was around my waist, twisting me back to my seat.

Ben grabbed his neck and groaned in pain after the vigorous shake I just gave it. Yeah, he deserved that. Always trying to ruin things for me.

"Have you lost your fúcking mind, Chey?"

"Yes. I have. So shut the hell up or I will personally throw you out of this moving car."

"Calm down, babe."

I cut him a gaze so sharp he shifted his eyes from me and back to the road. He is the reason why I'm losing my shit in the first place.

We spent five minutes in silence. Ben was tapping his shoes every five seconds and it was getting on my nerves.

"Soooo... How could one get invited into one of these orgies parties? Help a friend out, pal."

I groaned out loud and covered my face with my hands.

"You have a death wish man."

Ronin was no longer mad at him but he sounded kinda sympathetic. Wow, so now my boyfriend thinks I'm a psycho who could go off any minute now.

"Hey, I got kidnapped by the mafia, I got ninja nerve pressed by you, I met the love of my life and then she tried to kill me. And then we all just walked out of a mafia house alive without any bullet holes. I ain't afraid of anything now, man. I've seen and lived it all. Nothing and no one can phase me now."

"Ben?"

"What Chey?"

"There's a bee sitting on your head."

As expected he jumped and bumped his head against the window. He then rolled down the seats and laid perfectly still on the car floor. He tried to snatch the seat off with his noodle arms and failed miserably. I think he was trying to cover himself with the seats.

"Whattt? Get it off me. Open the windows. Stop the car. I'm gonna die."

He turned and twisted around like a fish that has been pulled out of water.

"Yeah, nothing could phase you now. That's some serious BS."

Ben realized I was lying about the bee and he pinched my arm.

"Ouch"

"How dare you Chey? You know I will die if a bee stung me. Why would you do that to me?"

"Because—"

"Shut up. Both of you. I can't believe I'm dating the female version of this idiot."

We both pouted and folded our arms against our chest.