Chapter Ten

I have always been a curious person

I have always been a curious person. When I was in high school people used to come to me to hear about the latest gossip and I never disappointed them. Every time I thought someone was acting weird or out of their character I would follow them until I find out the things they were hiding.

I am a good person and I never leaked something that could affect someone's life badly. One time I followed Mr John, my English teacher who was quite young and hot and I might have a little crush on him, well, who didn't, after school hours only to find him embracing Lily, the quiet girl in our class. I followed them and investigated Mrs John if he was taking advantage of her or not which he was not. They looked quite smitten with each other and that information till this day is stored deep within my heart.

No one knows.

But right now what was happening in front of my eyes was a completely different scenario. After I left my literature class, I had plans with Danielle. We were going shopping. But that plan just slipped out of my mind when I saw Ronin in his true form. He was running like a cheetah after some people, who were running equally as fast as him. They got into the car and he quickly jumped on his bike.

I, of course, curious couldn't help myself and quickly hailed a cab and told the driver to follow the bike. He looked at me suspiciously but compiled.

Throughout the ride, I kept screaming at the driver to drive faster. He ignored me and at one time told me to shut up. Ronin finally stopped his bike in front of a warehouse and I jumped out of the cab throwing the money at the driver's lap.

I quickly followed him inside. He looked so furious, fists clenched. He moved fiercely inside the warehouse as if he was on a hunt.

I quickly pushed myself behind an old damaged car before anyone could spot me. The place was dark and I almost jumped when the only source of light was cut off. The door closed automatically and complete darkness enveloped my eyes.

Then a click of a switch echoed in the warehouse and several bulbs hanging from the rods on the ceiling glowed. My eyes took a little while adjusting to my surroundings and when I did I saw three men, and a surprisingly handsome man sitting on a chair behind them in a black business suit. Ronin stood like a pillar in front of him, seething.

I should have never followed him here. This place and these people look dangerous. The man stood up buttoning his suit.

"Ronin, my favourite enemy. Here we meet again. Following my men, and trapping yourself where no one could help you must be the most foolish thing you ever did."
The man laughed as one of the goon passed him what looked like a CD from here.

"Now let's make a deal. Either you give us the other CD too and walk away from here unharmed or I could destroy this CD and then kill you."
A sharp intake of my breath went unnoticed by the sound of loading of a gun.

Oh my god! He's going to kill him right in front of my eyes. I couldn't let this happen.

Possessed by some superpower and mind-numbing spirit, I came out of my hiding place with my mobile phone in my hand. Immediately, I was the centre of attention.

The men looked confused but Ronin looked ready to kill me. I gulped a little and thought of siding up with the enemy but stood my ground.

"I have informed the police and they will be here at any moment. Either we can do this without any bloodshed or I will be forced to harm you all. Step away from the boy."
Ronin nose flared when I referred to him as a boy. He is going to kill me after this.

"Catch that girl."
I squealed and started running when all the three goons started running towards me. I was wearing low heels and thanked Rachel for that who stole my new high heels.

After watching a few minutes of me running around like a lunatic with three idiots behind me, Ronin finally came back to his senses. He took advantage of the distraction I caused. He applied his ninja moves and the man dropped the gun right into Ronin's hand while clutching his arm. Ronin quickly unloaded the gun. Throwing the bullets in one side and the gun at the other side.

I realized I had a pocket knife stuffed in my bra. I opened a few buttons of my shirt, my black bra showing which suddenly stopped the three men. I rolled my eyes at them and pulled out my pocket knife.

"I will carve your faces with this. Don't take me as a fool."
I threatened and tried to intimidate them. They looked at each other checking their pockets and took out a knife that could only be used for butchering or murder.

I hung my head low in disappointment. The three grinning men faces immediately turned into an uneasy expression and they dropped down on the floor like feathers.

I looked at the man standing in front of me in awe. His eyes lingered down my body. I gave him a smug look before buttoning my shirt back up. He didn't say anything and dragged me out of this place by my arm. The CD was tucked safely inside his jacket pocket.

*****
Kick some a$$.

*****Kick some a$$

I think I have a minute case of insomnia according to me and the symptoms I matched with Google