Chapter 18

The loud sound from the gun put me off. Jarred is gone, wait, JARRED IS GONE!

"Jarred, where are you? Are you okay?" I yell out into nowhere. I hate hate hate silence, it irks my soul.

"Hi, I'm fine, just had to get this asshole." He says proud, pointing at the "asshole" he handcuffed to a bench nearby.

"And awww did you think I ran off? Were you scaaared?" He mocks me.

"What? No, of course I wasn't, I just got put off by the gunshot." I spit out.

"Haha aw, yeah sure." He winks.

Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew. There he is, the biggest asshole I know got his powers back. I roll my eyes.

"Anyway, you should take him somewhere before he escapes, don't you think?" My last, desperate attempt on making him leave me alone.

"Ahh, yeah, I should, come on and I'll drive you home on the way." He nods towards the guy and starts to walk.

"Do you know where I live?" I gush out of pure surprise.

"Uh, yeah. Noah has been worrying about you, you know." He says, still walking towards the guy.

"Sure he has." I roll my eyes.

"Sabrina-" Jarred stops and turns to me "- He really has. He hasn't been focusing properly, he has been going home early and working from home, I've never spent that much time on skype in my entire career as what I have in the past week alone." He complains.

"Oh-"

"And that's also why I decided it was best that I was the one coming after you. He's so damn soft with you, even though you treat him worse than a bag of shit someone left on your damn porch," he stated. He didn't sound angry, but he put his "big bad police officer" voice on, that's for sure. Well, how on earth am I going to answer that.

"I haven't been that hard on him, just relax." I snap back.

"Yes, Sabrina. You do."

"No, I don't. It's not my fault he's a soft little baby who's not even by near close to coming into this world. The guy is fucking useless Jarred." I scream at him. It seems to scare him off. He doesn't seem like he's about to get back at me either. It was easy getting rid of him this time. As he deserves.

I hear a little sniff behind me and as a reflex, I turn around ready to kill. But there's no psycho asshole standing behind me sniffing.

"Is... Is that really what you think of me?"