Chapter 10

I wake up in a white room with bright lights, the bed I'm lying in is uncomfortable, and I have some sort of needle inside my hand?? What's going on. My vision is blurry and I can't really see anything, and I'm dizzy.

 As time passes I can feel my vision gradually coming back to me. So I figured that the longer I wait with escaping, the better I will see. So I decided to wait until my vision was fully back and my dizziness was gone too, because, well, it's kinda obvious that I can't run around not being able to see or actually managing to stay on my legs.

The door opened, I will finally get to see the people who took me. Or, hear them at least, since I can't see much. There are two very familiar voices slowly getting closer, I pretend to be sleeping so they think they can talk freely.

"I don't know what happen I said!" I hear a man yell.

"I was just driving around and I saw the car. There was a guy that got shot, but I don't know how."

Another man said: "Why were you driving there? It's quite an unusual spot for you, it's not on your way home from her office. Earlier you said you were just driving home from there."

"I was worried about her. she didn't respond to any of my calls!" The first guy sobbed.

"Didn't she tell you not to call?"

"Well...Yes."

A couple of seconds filled with awkward silence.

"I was still worried!" He stated.

One sighed.

"This is useless, Noah. We won't get anywhere if you're going to answer all my questions in ways that just gives me more questions! I need to talk to her instead. Nurse!" The guy said frustrated.

"Hmm yeah, maybe not. I hope she wakes up soon too." Noah said.

Someone else enters the room. She has a light and lovely voice.

"You called me, do you guys need anything?" She said.

"Do you know when she's going to wake up?" The guy said.

"She'll be up anytime, hopefully very soon." She answers.

"I'm going to go home now, thank you for taking the case officer," Noah says.

"Get some rest, I think you need it." He said.

Time to pretend that I'm waking up. I slowly open my eyes and blink several times. My vision is much better now, I can almost clearly see the room. A tall man is standing beside my bed. I haven't seen his face, and I don't need it to know who it is.

It's fucking Jarred.