Chapter 17

"Is it time yet?" Noah carefully gazes over at Jarred, who is still more interested in his phone than the whole situation.

"Jarred" Noah hisses quietly.

Jarred takes a deep breath. "Sabrina, me and Noah have been working on this for months. The fact that you and James were attacked isn't a part of it. I mean, yes it's the same people who did it. But if we couldn't match those people with the people we're looking for, we wouldn't have been working on it." He explains.

"So"- I sigh- "So you guys don't actually care about what happened to me at all?" I bite the inside of my cheek, I don't want to look at them. I already know what the answer is. How could I be so stupid? Thinking that they would actually want to help me, that they would actually care about me. I should've seen it. I should've fucking seen it.

A moment of weakness. I let my guard down, didn't I?

Stupid, stupid, stupid, STUPID.

And just like I thought, no answer. The silence is slitting our throats, forcing the silence to last even longer. Forcing all of us into its little dark circle. Well, not today satan.

I grip both sides of Noah's collar and force him down to my hight, My face is only a few centimeters away from his.

"YOU FUCKING TRICKED ME DIDN'T YOU, YOU NEVER FUCKING CARED, JUST LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE" It hurts, my throat hurts, my body hurts, my head hurts. It all just ... hurts.

I just keep staring into his eyes, desperately waiting for a reply or at least some sort of reaction. I don't get any, he just stands there and doesn't give a fuck.

I march out of the building, these people don't deserve my presence.

...

Well at least the weather is nice. Blue as long as my vision goes. Maybe I won't have to get "home" right away. It's not like he cares anyway.

It's not like anyone cares anyway.

I'm all alone in this big bright world. And there's nothing I can do about it either. No matter what I do, no matter who I choose to trust, it always ends in pain. It would be so much better if I was able to not trust anyone.

Finally, I arrived in the park. It's beautiful, the lungs of the city. Peaceful and quiet. The air here is fresh and lovely, it feels good to breathe.

"Sabrina, hi."

"Will you ever leave me alone, Jarred?" I hiss at him.

"Did you and Noah throw a coin for who it was who had to go after me, Hmm?"

"No, I just figured that Noah is probably sick of being targeted by you. And you attacked him so I figured that it might be better if I came." I despise this man. "I FiGurEd tHaT" my ass. 

"Can you just let me explain the situation, would it hurt so much to get an explanation?" He asked. 

"I'll take that silence as a yes."

"Sabrina, those men that we're looking for, it's the same people who took my son, and-"

He took a hard grip around my arm and dragged me in behind him. I tripped. He pulled his gun.

"BANG."