Chapter 16

This has been the longest week of my life. I've never been more bored. I've stayed in "My room" all week and only been downstairs when Noah basically force-fed me. After this week of eternity, I'm finally allowed to go to my office again. So it's time to try to put together the pieces of the attack. 

"You do know that the doctor said you're not allowed out of the house yet, right Sab-"

"Oh my god, Noah. Why do you have to ruin literally everything?" Who the fuck does this kid think he is to tell me what I can or can't do, again. If it wasn't fully necessary for me to figure this shit out I would get a very strong drink and tell him to go to hell. 

"Sabrina, you're not healthy yet. We're working almost full time on this trying to figure out what happened." He said determinedly. 

"Who's we?" 

He momentarily sighs and rolls his eyes. 

"Me and Jarred." He mumbled. I bit my tongue in surprise, and it hurt. 

"You and WHO, I swear to go-"

"Hi Noah, I got some new info, so if you check the file I just sent you that'd be great." Jarred is staring down at his phone, he doesn't seem to acknowledge me as he ends up leaning back onto my desk. He squints, like the screen on his phone is too bright for him.  

Eventually, he looks up at me, his eyes widen and he swallows nothing a few times. 

"Sabrina, hi. Please don't yell at me, I'm just trying to help and I'm way too tired to deal with our little feud right now." He looked back down on his phone before I even almost had a chance to answer him. But I understand, and he does look like shit. So I'll let this one slide. But if he steps just a few millimeters out of line, I won't hold back. 

I end up shrugging, rolling my eyes, and said, "You did say you had some new information, and considering you're here in my office it should be about the attack."

He looks up at me again, looking me up and down before his attention shifts to Noah. They're staring at each other, I think that if I had a knife I would be able to cut through this terrible tension. 

"Guys, what is it you haven't told me this time?" I sigh. I don't understand why these people have to hide everything from me. The needlessness of it all is just outstanding, isn't it?