I'm a Stripper

Chapter 4:

Jessica's POV:

After I arrived home yesterday, I went straight to bed and fell asleep. I was now able to sleep late, and stay in my house all day. I could finally test out my blackout curtains! What more could I want in life?

However, I decided to go to the park today. I might as well experience the outdoors for one more day before I spend years locked inside my house. I'll probably never feel real sunlight unless someone forces me out. I have good motivation when it comes to these types of things.

Once I was arrived at the park, I sat on a small bench near a field where kids were playing. I chuckled as some little boys attempted to play soccer with a flat ball. I felt bad for them, so I walked over to a small store across the street and grabbed a new one. "Is this it?" the cashier asked, motioning to the ball.

"Yes, the little boys across the street are trying to play with a flat ball, and I feel bad," I explained to her while handing her money. When I was done, I left the store and walked back across the street.

I smiled and headed up to the boys who were all about six-years old. "Would you boys like a new ball?" I asked them.

"Where?" one of them questioned.

I pulled it from behind my back and rolled it to them. "Thank you!" a boy yelled and dove for it.

"Who is this one for?" I pointed to the flat ball. A child raised his hand. "Well, do you want to trade? I'll keep this one and you keep the new one?" I asked.

"Yes!" he hugged me.

"Come play with us," a small kid pulled on my wrist, and the rest cheered.

"No, I can't. I don't know how," I lied. Truth was, if I started playing, I would get way too competitive and end up hurting one of them. I'd tackle them to the ground and such. I don't think they'd be too happy with that.

I grabbed the flat ball and watched as they played with the new one. A mother shouted her thanks across the field, and I smiled and waved in her direction. I continued to watch the game when a voice sounded from behind me. "That's a nice thing you did," an accent said. I immediately recognized it. Shoe stealer.

"Yep, well it's nice to do things like not stealing people's shoes and such," I responded to him sarcastically.

He laughed and approached to stand next to me. I turned to face him and my eyes almost popped out of my skull. He was Louis Tomlinson. Louis - fucking - Tomlinson. He raised his hands in defense. "Please don't freak out," he tried.

I faced the field while trying to gather my composure. Oh, my God. What is happening? I must be dreaming. "You okay?" I heard him question.

"I wasn't going to freak out," I lied with a scoff. On the inside I was spazzing.

"Right," he mumbled sarcatically and held up my arm which was quickly shaking. Stop. Stop. Why can't I control my body?

I glanced behind him and noticed another guy from his band. Zayn Malik. Oh, my God... again. "You guys are weird," I blurted and faced the children. Don't die. Oh my God, what's happening? This is insane! The boy whose ball I traded waved at me, and I returned the gesture.

"I hope you're not mad at me. You know, for making you lose your job and stealing your shoe. I feel horrible, and I'm very sorry," Louis apologized, and I faced him. You can do this, Jessica. Keep your cool.

"It's really no problem at all," I admitted, and he nodded cautiously.

Zayn walked closer and stood on the other side of me. "You're not just saying that because he's famous, right?" he asked.

I shook my head no. "You aren't the first famous people I met," I let slip. I quickly covered it up by adding, "because I go to so many concerts." That was such a lame excuse; I hope they buy it.

"Do you have a mini seizure when meeting them too?" Louis teased, and I punched him in the arm.

"See? I don't care if you're famous. I'd punch an asshole any day," I smirked.

After a moment of silence, Zayn grabbed the flat soccer ball from my hands and began tossing it in the air to himself. "So, what's your other job anyway?" he asked.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "What do you mean?"

"Yesterday, you said I had another job anyway..." he trailed off. My eyes widened. Shit, I did say that.

What do I say? "Erm... yeah. I'm a stripper," I blurted then immediately regretted it.

"A stripper?" Louis shouted, wide-eyed. Really? That's the best I could think of?

I began laughing nervously. "Haha, no. Got you! I, uh, write," I awkwardly tried to turn my mistake into a joke. Hopefully they buy it.

"Wait, so you're not a stripper?" Zayn clarified, and I laughed.

"Not a stripper," I nodded.

It's weird how comfortable I am around them now, minus my body errors in the beginning. I guess I'm just that type of person. I flipped my hair mentally.

After a few seconds of silence, we continued to look around and comment on the people around us. Eventually a teenage girl strolled by. I put my head down, knowing what could happen. This was bound to end badly, especially with the boys not wearing disguises. I internally smacked them.

The teenage girl stopped in front of us after hearing the boys complain about the weather, and she examined them. I saw the recognition flash across her face. "OH MY GOD! IT'S ONE DIRECTION!" she screamed.

I immediately began to run away, not noticing the boys following me. I cannot be seen with them. "Where do we go?" Louis asked, causing me to notice their presence.

By then, there was a group of about 12 teenagers behind us, mainly girls. "Jessica, what's around here?" Zayn yelped, and I shrugged as best as I could while running.

"What about your house or something?" Louis suggested, and I quickly glanced at him.

"My house?" I screeched. I don't want any fans bombarding my house, let alone the two guys I just met. Famous or not!

"Yeah! Is it nearby? We need to hide!" Zayn exclaimed.

I sighed and started heading in the direction to my house, knowing that if the fans caught us it was bound to end badly. I've hidden Justin enough times to know what these boys are getting into.

A large mob of fans followed behind. My feet thudded on the ground as my house came into view. "We need to lose them!" I shouted, making sure my face stayed out of the view of the girls. It's a good thing they're a decent distance behind us.

Without thinking, I dashed around the corner of the block in the opposite direction of my house. Once out of site of the girls, I grabbed the boys and pulled them with me into some nearby bushes. Louis groaned as he landed on his back, so I shushed him.

The horde of girls rounded the corner, immediately confused by the boys' disappearance. They looked all around before deciding to continue on with their search.

Once they were out of sight, I pulled the guys up by their arms and took off for my house. I continued to hear the shouting of the crowd, so I glanced behind me to see if they returned. I internally high-fived myself when I saw no teenager in sight. I ran up to my front door and unlocked it. I threw it open, and we flung ourselves inside. Now we were sitting on the floor, out of breath, with screaming fans sounding from around the block. I quickly stood to shut and bolt the door.

"So," I panted, "my name is Jessica, and what do we do now?" Louis and Zayn exchanged looks and grinned.