"If You Can't be an Athlete be an Athletic Supporter"

Chapter 46:

Jessica's POV:

"Hello?" God, it's that voice that makes me want to pee my pants every time I hear it.

"Louis? It's Jessica."

Wow, two big strikes in that simple saying. One: of course it's Louis. Who else would it be? Two: of course I'm Jessica. Who else would call from my phone?

"Hey! What's up?" he asked.

"Well, you guys did say that I could join-"

"You're coming?"

"I mean, yeah, if I can. Have you guys already sat down?"

"Less than a minute ago. I'll definitely save you a seat," My heart began throbbing even harder than it was before, "and I'll meet you up front."

"Thanks, Lou, but, uh, which restaurant are you at?"

Then he laughed his beautiful laugh that could fix everything wrong in the world and others that may or may not be out there. "Capische. It's a two-story brick building, and it has a huge line out front."

"Thanks, and I guess I'll see you soon," I said, then quietly repeated the name of the restaurant to my driver. He nodded, smiled, and began driving with a location.

"That's the plan. Bye, Jess."

"Bye," I squeaked. My eyes flung open as I shut off the call, then I moaned. "Are you married?" I asked my driver. I've had luck in the past with them, so why not try again?

"Yes ma'am," he replied formally.

"Okay, so if you hear a girl snort and squeak because she's nervous around you, do guys find that cute or absolutely disgusting?"

The man laughed and patting the steering wheel twice. "He likes you if he doesn't point them out. Or, if he teases you lightly about them. It really depends on the type of girl he's talking to."

I thought about it and no, I don't remember Louis ever pointing out my nervous tendencies around him. But then again, he's probably never paid enough attention to notice it. I grunted and slumped against the car seat. I was reminded of my awkward dress when the cold leather touched my bare back. Great.

"Boys suck!" I shouted, and my driver burst into laughter.

"Thank you," he teased. A couple of minutes later, he pulled into a line of cars that was even longer than the one at Restaurant Revolution. "We're here, but not here."

"Huh, that's funny and not possible," I commented, causing him to giggle once again. That's one thing I learned about this driver, he laughs a lot.

The line moved surprisingly fast and by the time we were in front of the restaurant, I could see Louis waiting next to the front door. Why does he have to be so perfect? It's not fair.

"Good luck with that boy and have a nice night!" my driver exclaimed as an escort opened my car door. Ha, Lauren's restaurant didn't have them.

"Yeah, right," I called back, and he let out another round of laughs. I thanked him, the escort, and chuckled as he drove away. And now here's the harder part.

"Jessica!" Louis smiled as I walked towards the doors. The line of people waiting was - just as Louis said - extremely long, and they didn't look too happy with me skipping them. "I'm so glad you could come."

He pulled me into a hug before in could say anything. The feeling of his hands of my bare back freaked me out a lot, but his hug was still comforting.