It's Definitely my Perky Nipples

Chapter 54:

Jessica's POV:

"When you are with me, I'm free. I'm careless, I believe. Above all the others we'll fly. This brings tears to my-"

The sound of knocking on my front door overpowered my voice. I stopped singing, letting the music flow through my apartment, and sat up. Grace told me earlier she would come by if Daryl gets home from work in time. In the past week that I've known them, it's been great. They're the best neighbors I could ask for.

I quickly ran my fingers through my hair to look more presentable and made my way to the door, forgetting to shut off my music. Eh, who cares anyways.

I grabbed the doorknob and twisted it, prepared to greet Grace. Though, what I saw was definitely not her.

Oh no, she did not have shaggy brown hair, bright blue eyes, and the cutest smile in the world.

"Hi," Louis grinned.

The fact that he's standing here feels like a dream. I feel like I haven't seen him in forever. "Louis!" I smile, throwing my arms around his neck. Okay, he smells good. Like, really, really good.

I also noticed he wasn't hugging me back. He chuckled, and I quickly pulled away. "Sorry I didn't call, but I have some housewarming gifts," he said, and motioned to his feet.

The worry of him not returning the hug slipped away once I saw his hands were full. Grocery bags hung from his fingers and littered the floor around him. I narrowed my eyes at the contents. "Did you bring me groceries?" I asked incredulously. Behind him the elevator door opened, and Richard, the hotel employee, placed more bags at Lou's feet.

"Oh, hello, Miss Jessica," he greeted me. I grinned politely and glared at Louis when he left.

"Yes, I did buy you groceries," Louis answered, shrugging his shoulders.

"Why would you do that?"

"Can I come in?"

I smacked my hand against my forehead and opened the door wider. "Oh, yeah. Sorry. Come in." I waved my hand, and he stepped inside my still ridiculously messy apartment.

Boxes still scattered every room: opened and unopened. Even the ones that were unpacked left packing peanuts, bubble wrap, and foam sheets everywhere. Never have I been so embarrassed about what my place looked like. But in this moment, it is a shame.

Louis went straight to the kitchen and set the bags in his hands on the counter. "Now that my arms are free..." he trailed off, opening his arms wide and wiggling his eyebrows. I snickered and accepted his hug. This one is a million times better than the first. He held me the way I held him: tight and like I never wanted to let go. Only his didn't hold the emotion mine did.

Too soon we pulled away from each other, and he began bringing more bags into the apartment. I remembered my stereo was still playing and quickly shut off the music. I studied Lou as he pulled off his hoodie and draped it over a nearby chair. I was offered a nice show of his shirt riding up for a few seconds, and I almost had to fan my face.

I rushed to look away so he wouldn't think I was staring. Well I was, but that's not important. He moved back into the kitchen, and I followed. "Why the groceries?" I asked.

"Because you just moved." I went to contradict what he was saying, but he didn't allow me. "I've moved a lot, and I know you can't keep some of the food you have, like the frozen stuff, because they get all messed up and defrost in transportation. And, knowing what you had at your old place, Lauren probably got rid of most of your unhealthy stuff. That leaves you with little."