Louis Is Stuck In This Thing Called The Friend Zone

Chapter 37:

Louis' POV:

"Please give it up for One Direction," the overly peppy voice from the stage announced followed by screams, claps, and whistles. That was our cue to go on stage. The boys and I walked single-file behind each other with me fourth in line. I smiled at the audience, while trying not to cringe over the too-bright lights and the fact that I decided to wear the tightest pants in the history of skinny jeans.

Of course, Lou and her assistance stylists initially picked the white jeans out, but I could have protested. I don't know why I didn't. The boys are convinced that I was trying to impress a certain girl by showing off my bum and junk. Especially Harry, but I think that is because he was just jealous my pants were tighter than his.

But one thing is clear, I was not wearing these pants to impress Jessica. I mean, I have been told I have a pretty nice bum, so why not flaunt it?

We sat together on a long purple couch, Zayn being on my right and Harry on my left. "Hello, boys. How are you today?" the show hostess asked, smiling broadly.

The woman, I forgot her name, seemed pretty nice. She wasn't wearing really crazy makeup or scowling at everything. The one thing I did not appreciate was the metallic, snot green colored jumpsuit she was wearing. It reminds me of the dress Selena and I saw, while shopping for Jess. It was hideous.

"We are doing fantastic, and you?" Niall replied politely from the seat on the edge of the couch, closest to her. She ignored his question and moved on like most interviewers because it's not about them, but about us. That's always the deal. In fact, we hardly ever hear an answer to that question.

"So, getting right to it. How has your time in America been? You're putting together your album, am I right?" she asked, and the audience cheered for us.

"Yes," Harry answered slowly, "America has been amazing. It's a very beautiful place to be."

"And the album is still under construction, but we're all very excited," Niall added onto that.

That was a lie, partially. Yes, we are very, very excited for our new album Midnight Memories, but we are not currently working on it. Our album has been finished for over a month, well, the recording anyways. The only work still being done to it is the touching up, technical stuff that none of us understand.

"What can we expect on the new album?" the interviewer quizzed, looking deeply into each of our faces.

"I think we can expect a lot of new sounds and different tones to our voices. I mean, we've really been able to have fun and just go all out with everything that's us, and you'll really be able to tell," I replied, and the boys agreed. I was never good at answering questions.

"Right, everyone be sure to pre-order One Direction's new album Midnight Memories coming out November 25!" all of the girls in the crowd screamed out, and we smiled at them.

"Aside from the album, this past weekend you had a concert in... Lancaster, correct?" Liam confirmed her answer, and she smirked at a card in her hand. Oh no, it's the evil interviewer smirk.

"First of all, how was that?" she questioned, "How did it feel to perform after having some time to yourself?"

"It was exhilarating as always. What some people don't understand is that we're just normal guys so every performance is crazy," Liam said.

"And I do believe you boys had a special guest at your concert, am I right?"

The audience 'oohed' as a picture showed up on the small screen behind the hostess' head. It was a photo I tweeted of Niall and Jessica backstage after the concert ended. She was still decked out in her brilliant disguise and smiling widely next to him. And, I have to say, I love, love, love when girls wear glasses. I also took one alone with her afterwards.