Part One: Team Power to the People

Chapter 47:

Part One: Team Power to the People, Team Breasts and Thighs, and Team Canada

Jessica's POV:

"Finally! You're awake!" Eliza exclaimed, smirking over my shoulder. I quickly whipped my head around and caught eye contact with Louis, who decided to sleep in this morning.

"Yeah, finally," he faked a glare at me and chuckled when I turned away. On his way past the couch I sat on, he ruffled my hair, causing me to roll my eyes. That was only on the outside. My heart didn't flutter; it stampeded on the inside. "What time is it?"

"11:30," Zayn answered from next to me. We were watching the other three boys and Eliza play Mario Kart, but there was no way I could focus on the Tv with Louis looking like he just woke up - literally. His hair was very messy and his Coke pajama pants made him look so cute. It's annoying how he can be cute and/or hot without trying.

He made himself a cup of tea and sat on the floor in front of Zayn and I. "You don't have anything today?" Lou asked, and it took me a second to realize that he was talking to me.

"Oh, no. Well, kind of? I'm not sure, but Lauren told us to stay here until she comes back." Smooth, Jessica.

"Which is why you're all still here."

"Why wouldn't we be?"

"Because we're in, I don't know, New York City! You usually wake up and leave early to do tourist-y things."

"We would have waken you up if we did."

"Yeah, sorry for sleeping in late, I guess. I was just tired from kicking your ass at Just Dance last night." Everyone groaned simultaneously, causing Louis to grin and shrug.

"If you bring that competition up one more time... I swear to God that I'm going to kill you," Liam threatened, while managing his character's go-cart. He was Princess Peach, which entertained me immensely. I don't know why, but seeing Liam as Princess Peach was just pleasurable, as weird as that sounds.

"How can I not bring up such an amazing victory," Louis smirked. The sad part is, he did actually win. The score was always close, but he was the final winner and never let any of us hear the last of it since.

It wasn't that much of a fail for me though. Watch Louis dance to the song "Rich Girl" by Gwen Stefani, and your life will be changed. He can move those hips and pop his butt like it's nothing. It was hard to watch him without getting caught, but I managed the best I could.

"Louis!" Harry whined.

The loud sound of a key unlocking the front door echoed through the apartment. "I'm back, children!" Lauren announced, tossing her briefcase and a stack of papers onto the kitchen table. Too bad her aim was off, and they flew into a big mess on the ground. "Shit."

"It seems like you always have perfect timing when it comes to waking up," Zayn told Louis as I stood to help Lauren.

"It's because I do," he replied cheekily. Once all of the papers were placed correctly on the table, Lauren ordered the others to pause their game.

"Okay, kiddies! Yesterday I found something quite interesting that I think you all will enjoy. It's a surprise, but I will tell you that it's a competition, and you need to be in teams." Suddenly pumped up with this new information, we all began spitting out questions. "I told you! It's a surprise!"

"Well, how exactly are we supposed to split into even teams?" I questioned. "There are seven of us."

"Three teams: two of two and one of three. Yes, that should suffice."