I Felt Like A Water Bender

Chapter 23:

Jessica's POV:

My stomach rumbled once again signaling I was starving, although I couldn't blame it seeing as I haven't eaten all day. I spent the first part on appearance. I sang to myself in the mirror trying to catch any bad habits I make out of myself while singing.

The rest I spent writing. I would write down something, try to work with it, then end up crumpling the paper and tossing it in the trash. It only really helped when I talked to Louis. Not only did he give me a brilliant idea to spiral off of, but he calmed me.

I knew what I wanted to do. I stood in front of the large dry-erase board and erased all of the nonsense off of it. It's time to get down to business. I uncapped a black marker and pushed my hand to the board only to stop.

My stomach made that horrendous noise once again and I groaned. In my mind I didn't have time to eat, but the pain of my stomach eating itself was really getting to me.

I capped the marker and set it on the small tray at the bottom of the board then retrieved my phone. I couldn't call Louis or Selena, seeing as they could still be busy with dress shopping for me (which I did not even ask them to do, but Selena knows about my parents' horrible fashion sense). Justin was still out doing who knows what. Thankfully he was able to take the kids with him.

I went to unlock my phone and noticed it was a few minutes passed seven. My stomach let out another growl and I smacked at it. "Shut up," I whined in frustration. I went into my contacts and searched from the person who has been there since the start: Zayn.

I clicked his contact and pulled my phone up to my ear to hear it ringing. A few tones later I heard his deep voice answer. "Hey," he greeted and I sighed. "Zayn, I need help," I told him.

"Woah, you're not hurt, are you?" He asked me and I chuckled. "Not exactly. Listen, do you have time to run me an errand?" I questioned him and he replied almost immediately. "Sure, no problem. What do you need me to do?" I glanced at the blank dry-erase board and sighed again. I have a lot of work to do.

"I'm starving. I have a ton of work to do, but I don't have the time to leave and get something. Do you think you can run me over some food?" I told Zayn and he chuckled. "That's nothing. Now, what would you like?" he asked me. "At this point I could eat anything," I laughed.

"How is McDonald's?" he suggested and I agreed. "Be there in a bit," he said and hung up. Perfect. I set my phone aside and took a deep breath. "Let's do it," I pumped myself up and grabbed the marker once again.

I began writing all over my board. I was sketching out the harmonies, the melodies, the lyrics. To anyone else it would look like nonsense, but to me it was progress.

A while later my doorbell rang. I sighed. Should I answer it, or just leave it be and hope they let themselves in? Well, I was guessing it was Zayn after all. The doorbell rang again helping me made up my mind.

I jogged out the room and down the hallway making my way to the front of the house. I reached the front door and opened it, revealing a Zayn with his arms full of McDonald's bags. My eyes widened. "Why so many bags?" I asked while reaching out to help him. "There's more in the car," he chuckled.

I led him to my studio room and rested the bags on the carpeted floor. He did the same. I watched as he glanced at my board full of random words and signs. "What the hell is that?" He asked sounding amused. "That's going to earn me a place in the music industry and you're not making me feel too good about it," I playfully pouted. He laughed and turned to head out back to his car for the other bags he mentioned earlier. "Sorry, babe! Didn't mean to," he told me as I followed.