It's a Simple Door

Chapter 53:

Jessica's POV:

I stared at the laptop screen before me like a statue. I don't know what it was, but I could not bring myself to press the accept button. The words 'Louis want to video chat with you' sat boldly in the middle of the screen. Below them was an accept and decline button. Next to them was an adorable picture of Louis.

It's not that hard of a decision. But why can't I press the accept button? Probably because I'm scared and slightly pissed.

Both emotions are a result of the others telling Louis that we had an eventful phone call. Hopefully they didn't say anything else, but why would they say that in the first place? They're going to expose my feelings for him! And Louis may even ask me about it now. I don't have an excuse for that.

The notification on my laptop screen disappeared, and the ringing sound muted. Oh, crap. I missed the call. Should I call him back? I sat for at least a minute contemplating as if my life depended on it and was interrupted by the ringing sound.

Louis wants to video chat with you.

He's calling again. I clicked the accept button and sat up straighter once I saw his pixelated face. It slowly began to improve the quality, and I saw that he wasn't alone. Niall sat a few feet behind Louis, playing what looked like a DS.

"Hey," I greeted him.

Louis looked back at Niall before showing me the cutest smile ever. Okay, I am too whipped for my own good. "Hello, Jessica."

Niall peeked away from his game to flash me a quick grin. "Hi, Jess!"

"So, what? You couldn't answer the first time I called?" Lou teased. He was laying on his stomach on what I think was his bed.

My eyes widened for a fraction of a second. "Sorry, I had to use the bathroom."

Way to go, Jessica. Now he's probably picturing you shitting.

Louis didn't seemed fazed other than adjusting his position. "So, how's the new place?"

"It's actually really cool. I like it a lot because I didn't need a whole house like Justin insisted I get. This place is perfect. The building has an awesome vibe to it. Oh, and there's a really cool view," I glanced out the window as I spoke. I ran into Daryl in the hallway this morning, and he insisted that he and Grace bring me down to the court later to meet everyone. I'm excited and somewhat scared to meet them.

"What's the view?"

I pulled my laptop into my arms and strode over to the balcony. While opening the door, I realized the camera was directed towards my boobs. They were completely covered, but that's still so awkward. I blushed and made a face as I hurriedly switched the direction the laptop was facing.

"A balcony? Awesome," I heard Louis comment, and I giggled. It took me a minute to single-handedly open the sliding glass door, and that minute was filled with chants from Louis.

"Come on! You can do it!"

"Really, Jessica? It's a simple door."

"I get it. You need these big guns to come over there and open the door for you."

"Are you sure you're pushing it the right way?"

"Is it locked?"

I stopped dead in my tracks and peered at the small switch beneath the handle. Of - fucking - course it's locked. "Don't laugh," I ordered him as I reached and flipped the switch. That sure didn't stop him from bursting into hysterics.