Time to Cuddle!

Chapter 59:

Jessica's POV:

BANG!

I moaned, slowly attempting to open my eyes. The light from my window blinded me, making it that much more difficult to get up. I used the back of my hand to rub my eyes and the pool of drool dripping down the side of my chin. Gross.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

The furious pounding caused me to throw myself into a sitting position, which was way too fast for my hungover body. I groaned louder this time and clutched my head. I'm going to be sick.

BANG! "JESSICA!" an angry, deep voice echoed through my apartment. Fear chorused through my body at the sound of the man pounding on my front door. He's going to bust it down!

I grabbed my sunglasses off my nightstand and messily pushed them on my face. Ignoring my splitting skull the best I could, I tiptoed to the kitchen.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

"JESSICA! I SWEAR TO GOD! OPEN THE GODDAMN DOOR!"

I jumped in fear, pushing myself against the wall. Oh my god, I'm going to die today. How does he know my name?!

I inched towards the kitchen as the pounding continued. Once there, I made a quick lunge towards my knife set and grabbed the biggest one. That's what they do in movies, right?

I tiptoed towards the door, trying to find my courage to call out to my murderer. What do I say? Should I say anything at all? I swallowed a couple of times to prepare my throat and devised a plan. I could scare him away!

I threw myself against the door aggressively, trying to ignore the pain running through my body. "GO AWAY!" I shrieked. How did this guy even get up here?! The doormen are not doing their job!

"OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR, JESSICA!" he roared, pounding on it harder.

"NO! LEAVE ME ALONE! I DON'T KNOW YOU!"

It probably wasn't the smartest thing to admit that I don't know who he is. I cursed internally and gripped the knife tighter.

"IT'S ZAYN! LET ME IN!"

My eyes flew open in shock. Zayn? Why is he here? My hand flew to the door and unlocked it, allowing him to burst into my apartment. His built body slammed the door open and stomped in. He was obviously livid.

"WHAT THE FUCK, JESSICA! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!" he screamed. I quivered under his harsh stare, the knife falling out of my hand. Tears of fear and sadness came out all at once as Zayn studied me.

I watched his facial features slowly soften as he noticed me and the state of my apartment. Everything, including myself, is an utter mess. Trash is thrown everywhere and boxes are torn apart. I haven't showered in at least four days, probably because I've spent the past week drunk or crying. I think I've gone through five bottles of wine total.

Zayn's breath hitched in his throat as he slowly approached me, reaching out with one hand. "It's okay. It's just me," he spoke slowly. "I'm here. I got you."

As soon as his fingers brushed against my arm, I collapsed. His arms were quick to wrap around my body and support me as I sobbed once again. "I'm sorry!" I cried out, clutching onto Zayn's shirt as he shushed me.

"Shhh, it's okay. Come on, let's get you into bed. I'm coming with you," he reassured me as he slowly assisted me to my bedroom. In the entire apartment, this room was probably the worst. The bed was covered in wine stains, snot, tears, and maybe even some puke. I moaned at the sight of it, embarrassed and angry at myself.