Can We Also Have An Empty Shoe Box?

Chapter 10:

Louis' POV:

"We... are doing a scavenger hunt," I exclaimed proudly. "Wait, what?" Jessica asked with a confused expression. I made and over exaggerated sigh that caused everyone to laugh. "I mean that we are going to split into teams of two and find everything on these. First one done, wins," I smirked and showed her pieces of paper. She nodded at them understanding.

"Teams?" Liam asked even though he was against the idea. "I want Jessica!" Zayn shouted and ran towards her. My smile faltered a bit, but I quickly replaced it. Not quick enough for Harry not to see because he smirked at me then nudged my side. I pushed him away.

I watched as Zayn and Niall fought over who got to be partners with Jessica while she just laughed at the two of them. I caught eye contact with her beautiful, hazel eyes and she smiled in my direction. I smiled back and she mouthed the words 'help me' which caused me to chuckled.

"I get Louis then," Harry announced. He wrapped his arm over my shoulder and we waited for Liam to settle the matter in front of us. "Niall, come on. I'll take you," Liam stated while pulling Niall with him. They finally agreed on something. Although, I wish I was with Jessica.

"Here you go. We have half an hour to get the things on the list before meeting back up right here," I told everyone who nodded their heads in agreement. "Ready, Set, GO!" Zayn shouted. Harry pulled me away to the nearest store which happened to be Gap.

"Okay, so read the list to me," he spoke lowly. Technically, we didn't have permission to be having a scavenger hunt. Liam forced us to ask Paul who called the mall but they said that wasn't allowed. We decided to do it anyway with only us and Jessica knowing. I slowly unfolded the list and read the items aloud.

- Picture posing as a mannequin (same pose)

- 3 shopping bags signed by employees

- Arm's length toilet paper

- Shoe box

- Ketchup packet

- Picture in a fancy dress

- Credit card appliccation

- Job application

- Picture in high heels

- A reciept from a stranger

- Something purple that smells

- Something pink and fuzzy

- Ice Cream sample spoon

- Store catalogue

- 3 paper napkins with different logos

- Orange socks

- Perfume sample

- Secret picture of another group

- Starbucks cup that isn't yours (and prove it)

- Pair of sample socks

- 2 cotton balls

- Something from Eyemasters [A/N: a glasses store]

- Picture in a Man's jacket from Men's Warehouse

Harry's nodded and seemed to be thinking. Seriously, where did we even get this list? Oh right, this place called the internet. I'm not sure if you have heard of it. Kevin told me about it.

Harry and I quickly walked through the front of Gap and up to a free cashier. Harry managed to get him to sign an empty bag only after receiving strange looks. Oh well, today he gets to say something weird happened, or he met weird people.

I followed Harry out the store and motioned for us to head to the one next to us. It was a Lady's Footlocker. I strode up confidently to the counter. We can easily get a few things here.

"Hello, may we please have you sign this bag?" I asked the woman that worked there. I held up the store's bag to her that I just pulled off the rack behind the counter. She gave me a strange look, but then shrugged and signed it anyway.

"Can we also have an empty shoe box?" I questioned her. "Sir, I don't know if we are allowed to do that," she told me while looking at her coworker who shrugged. "We really need it," I pressed on. The woman glanced at me and sighed. "Sure," she smiled before handing me an empty box. "Thanks love!" I chirped as Hazza and I exited the store.

My feet started bringing me to the next store when a hand landed on my shoulder and brought me down. Harry pulled me down behind a phone case kiosk and made the 'shh' sound. "What the hell Harry?" I growled for I had hit my head on the way down. "Sorry, but look over there. It's a really fit girl," he pointed behind me.

I rolled my eyes. "Just look!" he grabbed the sides of my head and faced me the other way. My eyes widened as they landed on a familiar girl walking from the store Sears with Zayn. Jessica.

I shoved Harry's hands off me without losing sight of her. I guess you are wondering why he keeps teasing me about Jessica. Well, when I first saw her at Smoothie King in the mall, I thought she was cute. Not like in looks, even though she is, but I mean in personality too.

You know how people say that when you're younger and boys that pick on you like you. Well, that was my first instinct, to mess with her. She wasn't very pleased with me at first, but now we are so close. When Zayn and I spent that one day at her house about a week and a half ago, I started developing these feelings for her. Like she is my best friend but there is an extra bond there. 

I didn't have to tell the boys for them to figure out. I wouldn't shut up about Jessica when she wasn't near. Harry knew first, and the news spread like wildfire.

Basically I have really small, not strong, feelings for Jessica. Besides those, there is one thing about her that bothers me.

Who does she remind me of?

Her personality and looks strike me as someeone similar, but I can't put my finger on it.

And that drives me crazy.